We have an exciting opportunity for a General Adult Consultant Psychiatrist to join our community Assessment and Treatment service team at The Bedale Centre, Bognor Regis, West Sussex.
Please note this post attracts aGolden Hello payment of up to £5,000
as a Relocation Package of up to £8000.
Information on these can be obtained from the Medical Staffing Team on 0300 304 0393.
To find out more about what we offer please take a look at our careers portal:https://careers.sussexpartnership.nhs.uk/
Main duties of the job
The team cares for adults of working age from Bognor Regis and the surrounding areas. You will be part of a friendly and supportive multidisciplinary team that consists of other Consultants, Nurse's, Social Workers, Occupational Therapists, Psychologists and more.
The Trust strives to maximise clinical time for doctors so you will benefit from an assigned 0.5 WTE of direct admin support.
On appointment you will have the opportunity to join the Trust wide consultant network as well as having access to peer support from colleagues here in West Sussex.
At Sussex Partnership we are committed to providing opportunities for flexible working
. If you would like to work differently or different hours to as advertised, please get in touch to discuss this in more detail.
If you haven't thought about living in West Sussex
before then you should consider the following:
To protect the health and safety of our staff/workers, patients, and those attending our sites, we encourage our workforce to get fully vaccinated against COVID.
- Journey from the coast to the countryside in minutes
- Enjoy a lifestyle where there are renowned cycle routes and picturesque walks, including the famous South Downs Way in the South Downs National Park!
- Embrace taking time to discover all the miles of scenic coastline, including West Wittering beach and Selsey.
- Easy access to airports - Gatwick and Heathrow are both within 90 minutes of the county, providing links to Europe and beyond
- Brighton and Hove or London are within easy reach via local and national bus routes and national mainline stations
Job description Job responsibilities
You will work with other services in the local area including the Crisis Resolution and Home Treatment team, the Liaison team and acute in-patient services There is a separate community service for older persons and those with dementia.
This role can also support any interest in research, development, medical education or special interests that you may have. We strongly believe in creating roles that provide a service but also give you the opportunity to develop your own areas of special interest.
There is only so much we can say to you in an advert, so would love to speak to you about this role in more detail. Please see attached Job Description and Person Specification for full details.
Person Specification Essential/desirable Essential
- MB BS
- GMC registration
- Entry on specialist register or within 6 months
- AC approval or within 3 months
- Excellent knowledge of speciality
- Evidence of achievement in education, research, audit, service improvement
- Good standing with the GMC
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.