We have an exciting part time opportunity (15hrs a week) for an enthusiastic and motivated Band 5 Registered General Nurse to join our lively and busy multi-disciplinary team on Kingsley ward.
Kingsley Ward is a 25 bedded acute mental health ward based in Winchester. On Kingsley ward we provide care and treatment to patients who are experiencing an acute mental health crisis and require a short period of hospital care.
Melbury Lodge is located close to the Solent Coast and the beautiful New Forest National Park and have excellent transportation links, either by rail (direct to Waterloo) and by road (M3/M27). Melbury lodge has on site parking for staff.
We are looking to appoint someone who is passionate about working holistically with patients and working to support them with both their physical and mental health needs. The successful applicant will be committed to supporting service users in their recovery by delivering person-centered care.
Your main responsibilities are:
- Taking physical health histories of patients on admission, identifying areas for signposting, further assessment, screening or treatment.
- Taking a lead role in supporting nursing colleagues with physical health queries on the ward.
- Being involved in managing and following Infection Prevention and Control procedures on the ward.
- Liaising with other physical health teams in both inpatient and community settings to ensure physical care needs of patients are met on the ward.
- Completing physical observations and screenings of patients.
- Delivering wound care and pressure ulcer care to patients when required.
- Completing ECGs and venepuncture on the ward.
- Supporting patients with smoking cessation.
- Care planning for complex physical health needs of patients.
- Management of medical devices.
Our Trust is committed to providing excellent standards of support and work experience for our staff. On Kingsley ward we offer a full induction package for all staff which includes a period of 2 week supernumerary status. We offer monthly supervision with your line manager and weekly team reflective practice with our ward psychology team to ensure that staff feel valued and supported. You will also have an annual appraisal in which personal and professional development needs will be identified and a plan agreed on how these can best be achieved.
If this sounds of interest to you, please get in touch! We would love to hear from you!
For further information, please contact Amy Carter on 01962 897760.
Happy to Talk Flexible Working - all requests for flexible and part time working will be considered.
Follow us on Facebook and on Twitter:
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.