Band 8a or 8b, HCPC-registered Clinical, Counselling or Forensic Psychologist (full-time) for the EPUT Intensive Outreach team in South Essex. We have an interesting and exciting opportunity for a 1 WTE Band 8a or 8b Clinical, Counselling or Forensic Psychologist and a BABCP-registered, experienced CBT therapist to join our Intensive Outreach team in South Essex.
* 8a role: closely focused on the role based in the Intensive Outreach Team.* 8b role: will also include further responsibilities such as supervising an 8a psychologist in Home Treatment, deputising for the 8c service lead where appropriate and similar tasks. This is because the advertised role is not part of the PD and complex needs transformation and funded under Business as Usual, so should, on reflection, not contain any reference to tasks that might fall under PD and complex needs (though there is likely to be considerable overlap in terms of the client group).
Main duties of the job
This is a varied and busy role providing a community service to the local population from age 18 upwards. It is an experienced and supportive team within an innovative and developing service. Although based in Canvey Island , the successful applicant will be required to visit service users in their homes and in other bases across South Essex. The Intensive Outreach team covers Shoeburyness, Southend, Castlepoint, Basildon, Benfleet, and Brentwood. As a Senior Professional within services, the 8a or 8b psychologist would be responsible (under supervision of a senior psychologist and team manager) for screening and prioritising referrals, conducting comprehensive assessments, and facilitating brief interventions within a community setting. Referrals may be for: psychological treatment; an assessment of cognitive functioning or formulation to help develop a greater understanding of the psychological factors related to a persons' presentation. This could involve considering comorbid developmental difficulties, personality, systemic and environmental factors to inform care. You will promote social inclusion and empower service users within their mental health recovery and in maintaining their social systems.
About us EPUT are looking for motivated staff who shares our Trust values of Open, Compassionate and Empowering. In return, EPUT can offer you a range of benefits and development including;
- Season Ticket Loan
- NHS discounts for staff
- Excellent Training facilities and opportunities
- Buying and Selling annual leave scheme
- The opportunity to work bank shifts and expand knowledge and experience in other areas
- Salary Sacrifice schemes including lease cars and Cycle to Work
Job description Job responsibilities
For further information, please refer to the JD and Person Specification documents attached to this advert.
Person Specification Skills Essential
- Psychometric Assessments
- Well developed theoretical and practical knowledge
- Knowledge & practice of specialised therapies
- Knowledge of relevant DoH policy
- Doctorate Level Training
- Doctorate Level knowledge of research methodology
- Post doctoral qualifications
- Evidence of CPD in relation to Adult Mental Health Speciality
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.