We are excited to announce an opportunity to work within a novel pharmacy role within community mental health care. This role has been developed as part of East London Foundation NHS Trusts ambitious Community Transformation Programme, developed to redesign and improve the way mental health care services are delivered for our population.
Main duties of the job
The post-holder will work within various teams of healthcare professionals embedded within newly formed mental health neighbourhood teams across Newham working to support service users in new models of care, with an aim to support medicines optimisation and safety. The post-holder will be responsible for delivering medicines consultations with service users, provision of psychotropic medicines information and performing medication reviews. The post-holder will contribute towards projects revolving around psychotropic medicines to improve patient care and safety and deliver education and training for primary care colleagues to increase knowledge and confidence around psychotropic medications. There will be opportunities for non-medical prescribing. As this is a newly developed role, we are open to hearing your ideas and piloting these using quality improvement methodology.
We are looking for an experienced mental health, community or hospital pharmacist with a passion for improving access to, and quality of mental health care in the community setting, who can display innovation and bring ideas to extend the boundaries of the pharmacy profession.
Our mission is to make a positive difference to people's lives by improving the quality of life for all we serve. Our values are: We Care, We Respect, We are Inclusive - so we are looking for people who live and breathe these qualities when supporting service users and carers, and in their relationships with colleagues in the Trust and our partner organisations.
Job description Job responsibilities
Please for further information kindly refer to the job description and person specification attached to this vacancy.
Person Specification Education/ Qualification/ Training Essential
- oVocational Masters Degree in Pharmacy
- oSuccessful completion of pre-registration training
- oPost registration training relevant to hospital pharmacy
- oMember of the General Pharmaceutical Council and/or Royal Pharmaceutical Society
- oPsychiatry qualification (or willing to work towards this)
- oWorking towards higher Degree/Diploma in Clinical Pharmacy
- oSuccessful completion of short courses to the equivalent of a post graduate certificate
- oPrescribing Qualification (or working towards this)
- oDemonstrate the ability to appropriately recommend, substantiate and communicate medicine related information to mental health patients, carers and clinical staff
- oPrevious experience in providing clinical mental health services.
- oDelivery of training and education
- oStaff management experience
- oDelivery of training and education
- oPrevious evaluated experience of mentorship and training skills
- oExperience of developing a new service
- oTo have undertaken clinical audit
Knowledge and Skills Essential
- oClinical and critical appraisal skills
- oAble to influence prescribing
- oCommunicates with medical, nursing and pharmacy staff in clear precise and appropriate manner.
- oTo have an awareness of national and local priorities
- oThe ability to identify and manage risks
- oAbility to evaluate own work
- oEnhances the quality of patient care
- oDemonstrates awareness of the clinical governance agenda
- oTeaching and presentation skills
- oCan balance competing priorities and meet set targets of different stakeholders
- oMeets expected levels of practice as defined by others
- oDesire to develop role to meet service user needs
- oEvidence of writing procedures, guidelines or protocols.
- oIdentifies and implements best practice
- oCan demonstrate innovation
- oManages difficult and ambiguous problems
- oDemonstrates a whole system patient focussed approach
- oKnowledge of Quality Improvement
- oComfortable working independently in new care models
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.