Are you looking for a new challenge in your pharmacy career? Following investment in and expansion of the mental health pharmacy team we are seeking to recruit a motivated, enthusiastic and experienced senior clinical pharmacist, with excellent communication skills to be our Mental Health Clinical Lead pharmacist. This is a new post which will lead, develop and manage our team of mental health pharmacists and technicians both in inpatients and community teams and in addition will be the team Pharmacist for our Complex PTSD team, a new service helping those impacted by Complex PTSD.
The post holder will split their time 60:40 between Clinical lead duties and the complex PTSD team
The post holder will hold an allocated caseload for the purposes of optimising medication for complex PTSD service users at the initial assessment stage and during their engagement with other forms of therapy. The Complex PTSD team is a psychological therapies led service.
Main duties of the job
The post holder will
- Lead the management, delivery and development of the mental health clinical pharmacy service and team across all areas of the Trust, with a focus on ensuring quality clinical pharmacy services are adequately aligned to patient need
- Provide medicines management advice within NHFT across all Mental Health specialties as required.
- Train, teach and supervise less experienced pharmacists, pre-registration pharmacists, pharmacy undergraduates and pharmacy technicians.
- Lead and develop audit and support research in relevant clinical areas.
- Deliver a high-quality specialist clinical pharmacy service to Complex PTSD team
- Hold an allocated case load within the complex PTSD team as required for the purposes of medication review at initial assessment and during other therapies
- Attend Complex PTSD team Wednesday meetings, and additional assessments and reviews as required at Lotus House, Northampton and occasionally at other clinic locations in the North of the County.
Post registration experience of supporting mental health patients is essential. The post holder will be expected to be ( or to become ) a Non medical prescriber and experience of reviewing patients in a community setting is desirable.
The Complex PTSD Service is a county wide service. The main base for the service is in Northampton, but it is essential that the post holder can drive as the job involves travelling across the county.
NHFT is an integrated primary care and mental health Trust, providing physical, mental health and specialty services in both hospital settings and out in the community. Because we put the person at the centre of all we do, we focus on delivering care that is as easy to access as possible. This means many of our services can be provided at home, work or in schools.We also provide health services to various prisons and detention centres in Bedfordshire and Cambridgeshire.
Job description Job responsibilities
For further information on the advertised role, please refer to the job description located under the Supporting Documents heading. The full person specification can be accessed under the About You Section of the document.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Educated to Master of Pharmacy (MPharm) degree, or equivalent
- Registration with the GPhC
- Post-graduate qualification e.g. Clinical pharmacy diploma or certificate/diploma in psychiatric therapeutics ( Aston)
- Evidence of recent continuing personal learning
- Membership of the college of Mental health pharmacy
- Independent prescriber qualification or prepared to study this on appointment
- Formal management/leadership qualification
- Post registration experience within the NHS/Mental health care settings
- Experience of leading teams
- Experience of planning, implementing, analysing, reporting and changing practice through audit
- Experience of providing evidence based verbal and written medicines information to mental health patients and carers
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.