We wish to recruit a qualified nurse to join our dynamic multi-disciplinary teams that provide specialist services to children, young people and families within our mental health services.
Our CAMHS Inpatient Unit consists of two wards rated Outstanding by CQC. The Hope and Horizon Unit, based in Bury, provide general adolescent and eating disorder inpatient care and treatment for young people aged 13-18 years. Pennine Care NHS Foundation Trust have been awarded Lead Provider role for the Greater Manchester CAMHS Inpatient Lead Provider Collaborative and there has never been a more exciting time to join our innovative and quality driven service.
There are lots of reasons why the NHS is a great place to work including a generous holiday allowance, flexible working, training and development opportunities, childcare vouchers, cycle to work and lease car schemes, job share and career break opportunities and more.
Main duties of the job
Staff Nurse band 5 - Healthy Young Minds, Hope and Horizon Units
providing specialist services to children, young people and families within our mental health services.
We are proud to provide high quality mental health and learning disability services, both inpatient and in the community across five boroughs of Greater Manchester - Bury, Oldham, Rochdale, Stockport and Tameside and Glossop.
Our vision is for a happier and more hopeful life for everyone in our communities and our staff work hard to deliver the very best care for the people who use our services. We're really proud of our#PennineCarePeople
and do everything we can to make sure we're a great place to work.
All individuals regardless of race, age, disability, ethnicity, nationality, gender, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marriage and civil partnership are encouraged to apply for this post. We would also encourage applications from individuals with a lived experience of mental illness, either individually or as a carer.
Job description Job responsibilities
Please see attached job description and person specification to support your application for this post. Please refer to the essential criteria in the person specification which will highlight the skills, knowledge and experience you will need to demonstrate in your application, by way of example, to give yourself the best opportunity to be shortlisted.
Person Specification edu Essential
- RMN/social worker
- Evidence of professional registration
- Evidence of CPD
- Experience of working within mental health service
- Experience of working with young people
- Experience of working within HYM (previously CAMHS)
- Knowledge of mental health issues in young people.
- Knowledge of legislation and National policies in relation to mental health issues in young people
- Child protection knowledge and implemented in practice
- Knowledge of CPA processes.
- Good working Knowledge of Mental Health Act.
- Ability to assess, plan and implement care programmes for young people with complex emotional and/or behavioural difficulties
- Ability to observe, listen and communicate effectively, verbally and non-verbally with young people and their families
- Insight into clients' perceptions and ability to empathise
- Ability to empower others
- Ability to plan work of self and others
- Ability to recognise own limits and seek appropriate support
- Ability to recognise own attitudes towards offending / challenging behaviours.
- Flexible and innovative
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.