This is a Specialty Doctor post based in Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health Board for Adult Services within the Acute Assessment Area and you will be joining Colleagues in a very dynamic and forward looking Directorate, with supportive colleagues and a culture where development and progression is embedded. The Postholder will be managerially responsible to Dr Mary Self, Clinical Group Service Director. The Postholder will be required to liaise with Clinicians as and when necessary. Further the Postholder will be expected work at other UHB Sites if required.
Main duties of the job
The post holder will be expected to:- Provide senior clinical input to the assessment and management of patients on the Acute Assessment Ward, PICU (PsychiatricIntensive Care Unit where patients are sometimes admitted directly) and the two Home Treatment Teams (HTT - North and South).- Clinical input to the two Home Treatment Teams will be mainly to review and manage patients discharged from the Acute AssessmentWard.- Facilitate post discharge reviews when appropriate.- Provide day to day supervision of the CT3 trainee doctor and F1 Foundation Doctor.- Support the team Consultant and assume responsibility for the medical management of the ward in his or her absence, with supportfrom an established rota of locality Consultants.#joincwmtafmorgannwg
- Participate in and contribute to regular ward rounds and team meetings including Care and Treatment Planning.- Liaise and communicate effectively with members of the team, other teams and services within the Directorate, other hospitaldepartments and with external agencies (including, but not restricted to, General Practitioners, Social Services. Police and ProbationServices) by whatever means are appropriate.- Prepare reports in connection with appeals against detention under the Mental Health Act and attend Mental Health Review Tribunalswhen requested to do so.- Support the team with routine administrative duties.
An exciting opportunity has risen to join the fantastic Adult Mental Health Team, Acute Assessment Unit, for Cwm Taf Morgannwg University HealthBoard. This would involve working with the team based at Royal Glamorgan Hospital.Their resilience, superb team work and close working nature with other colleagues makes the Cwm Taf Morgannwg Adult Mental Health Teams team stand out- Teams that anyone would be proud to work with!
Job description Job responsibilities
This full time post is one of nine specialty doctor posts within the Mental Health Directorate of Cwm Taf Health University Health Board. Thepost is based at the Royal Glamorgan Hospital, Ynysmaerdy, Llantrisant, Rhondda Cynon Taff, but the post holder may be expected to work atother sites within the Local Health Board area.The post holder will be clinically responsible to Dr Arif Alam, the Team Consultant Psychiatrist, and managerially responsible to Dr Mary Self,Clinical Group Service Director. The post holder will be required to liaise with other senior clinicians as and when necessary.
see attached Job Description
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Full GMC Registration
- M.B.B.S or equivalent
- Relevant clinical qualification.
- Welsh Approved Clinician approval.
- S.12 (2) Approval
- Additional relevant postgraduate qualification
- Comprehensive training and experience in psychiatry.
- 3 years experience at CT Level in adult Psychiatry
- Experience of acting as s12(2) doctor
- Able to undertake duties to Specialty Doctor level
- Competence in current assessment and treatment
- Competence in risk assessment and management.
- Computing skills.
- Understanding of relevant clinical, legal and policy issues.
- Management and administrative experience
- Evidence of service development.
Personal Attributes Essential
- Proven commitment to team approach and multi-disciplinary working.
- Capacity to work under pressure and respond flexibly to varying demands
- Evidence of clinical leadership.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.