There is a vacancy for a full time Speciality Doctor post in Teesside Adult Mental Health Services due to retirement of the current post holder. The post holder would primarily work with the Redcar Affective and Access team; however there is an expectation that they would demonstrate the flexibility of working with the other Teesside Adult Mental Health Community Teams as and when a need arises in the those teams. If they happen to work in another team then the role of clinical supervision would lie with the Consultant Psychiatrist in that team.
Main duties of the job
The speciality doctor will provide medical input to Affective and access patients and review clinics are located at Foxrush House, Redcar. The speciality doctor will provide committed, proactive and responsible leadership working with the Teesside AMH teams.
• The speciality doctor will attend the Daily Huddle where decisions are made about patient care and the management plan.
• The speciality doctor will undertake assessments for new patients and follow up and review patients, the speciality doctor will also provide a diagnosis and treatment plan.
• The speciality doctor will attend and fully contribute to formulation meetings and CPA review meetings.
• The speciality doctor will provide consultation and advice on a daily basis to the team, and review patients as required.
• The speciality doctor will be expected to have familiarity with all important, relevant legislation affecting the Adult Mental Health population.
• The speciality doctor will be expected to hold Section 12 approval in order to help with MHA related work. Approved Clinician status is not required, but support will be provided to achieve that status if requested.
We are one of the largest specialist mental health and learning disabilities trusts in the country, with an annual income of £320m and a workforce of some 6,700 staff operating from around 100 sites in Durham, Teesside, North Yorkshire and York and Selby. We provide a range inpatient and community services to 2m people living in County Durham, the Tees Valley, Scarborough, Whitby, Ryedale, Harrogate, Hambleton and Richmondshire. We also provide additional specialist services to other parts of Northern England.
We deliver our services by working in partnership with eight local authorities and clinical commissioning groups, a wide range of voluntary organisations, as well as service users, their carers and the public. The services are spread over a wide geographical area of around 3,600 square miles, which includes coastal, rural and industrial areas.
We are a multi-award winning trust and are included within the Health Service Journal’s Best 100 Places to Work. The trust take a positive and proactive approach to support staff in their personal development and has embedded the Talent Management approach within the Trust, with the vision of helping people to be as good as they can be, helping TEWV to do things better.
Job description Job responsibilities
The team and clinics are based at Foxrush House, Redcar. The speciality doctor will be expected to provide committed, proactive and responsive clinical leadership working with other staff to provide an assessment and treatment service. The speciality doctor might be supported by a GP registrar, depending on the availability of the trainees. The Consultant will provide supervision to the speciality doctor.
The nature of our community services has changed significantly due to new ways of working in the Community and QIS work in the Trust. The team also works on the principles of PPS (Purposeful and Productive Services) i.e. daily huddles. The speciality doctor will be expected to engage with external organizations under the RCRP (Right Care Right Place) project and deliver high quality care for patients in the team, in line with an overall recovery approach.
The speciality doctor will provide medical input to Affective and access patients and review clinics are located at Foxrush House, Redcar. They might also be required to support Teesside Adult Mental Health Community Teams as and when a need arises in those teams. The speciality doctor will attend daily Huddle and team meetings.
Person Specification Teaching & Training Essential
- Able to deliver undergraduate or postgraduate teaching and training.
- Evidence of achievement in education, research, audit and service improvement: awards, prizes, presentations and publications.
CPD & Appraisal Essential
- Participated in continuous professional development.
- Evidence of annual appraisal and commitment to appraisal and revalidation.
- MB BS or equivalent medical qualification.
- Fully registered with the GMC with a licence to practise at the time of appointment.
- At least 4 years postgraduate experience, including at least 2 years in a core psychiatry training programme in UK or abroad
- Approved under S12 of MHA OR able to achieve within 6 months of appointment.
- MRCPsych or equivalent postgraduate qualification.
Clinical Knowledge & Skills Essential
- Good knowledge of psychiatry.
- Excellent clinical skills using bio-psycho-social perspective and wide medical knowledge.
- Able to manage clinical complexity and uncertainty.
Research, Audit & Quality Improvement Essential
- Has actively participated in clinical audit.
- Shows commitment to quality through knowledge of quality improvement and lean thinking methodology.
- Participated in research and/or service improvement.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.