Based in County Hospital Torfaen MSK physiotherapy outpatient departments, we are seeking an enthusiastic and forward thinking clinician with similar values, who have a strong team working ethos as well as the ability to demonstrate leadership qualities and have excellent communication skills. We are looking for physiotherapists who possess a solid foundation in core clinical skills in Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy, who embrace innovation and are committed to following evidence based clinical practice.
Main duties of the job
The physiotherapy team at County Hospital Torfaen, is a friendly and supportive team who are passionate about continuing to improve and develop services for our local population, as well as creating and sustaining a nurturing environment for staff and students.
The ABUHB Physiotherapy Service encourages staff development through local and Health Board wide education including an extensive core and advanced skills training programmes. We also encourage participation in speciality forums, clinical audit, research and clinical supervision and mentoring.
We have a structured personal appraisal system with annual reviews underpinned by the Knowledge and Skills Framework. You will be actively involved in assisting in the education and mentoring of rotational staff and physiotherapy students on placement from Cardiff University.
The ability to speak Welsh is desirable for this post; Welsh and/or English speakers are equally welcome to apply.
Aneurin Bevan University Health Board is a multi-award winning NHS organisation with a passion for caring. The Health Board provides an exceptional workplace where you can feel trusted and valued. Whatever your speciality or stage in your career, we have opportunities for everyone to start, grow and build your career. The health board provides integrated acute, primary and community care serving a population of 650,000 and employing over 16,000 staff.
We offer a fantastic benefits package and extensive training and development opportunities with paid mandatory training, excellent in-house programmes, opportunities to complete recognised qualifications and professional career pathways including a range of management development programmes. We offer flexible working and promote a healthy work life balance, provide occupational health support and an ambitious plan for a Wellbeing Centre of Excellence to support you at work.
Our Clinical Futures strategy continues to enhance and promote care closer to home as well as high quality hospital care when needed. This includes the Grange University Hospital which provides specialist and critical care and is the newest addition to the clinical futures strategy opening in November 2020. Join us on our journey to pioneer new ways of working and deliver a world-class healthcare service fit for the future.
Job description Job responsibilities
You will be able to find a full Job description and Person Specification attached within the supporting documents or please click Apply now to view in Trac.
Person Specification Education/qualifications/train Essential
- Diploma/degree in physiotherapy
- Registered with Health Professions Council
- Appropriate range of Post graduate education / training
- Broad range of clinical experience through a comprehensive Band 5 rotation
- Experience of participating in and delivering in-service training programmes
- Varied range of clinical experience within the musculoskeletal speciality
- Experience of staff supervision
- Evidence of having worked in the UK as a HPC registered physiotherapist
- Evidence of having worked unsupervised
- Evidence of having participated in on-call and seven day service provision where appropriate
- Previous Band 6 position
Skills and Knowledge Essential
- The ability to discuss the clinical reasoning process in the management of routine and more complex cases
- The ability to identify and act upon adverse clinical signs
- Awareness of relevant national clinical guidelines
- Good communication skills both verbal and written when interacting with members of the team, other professionals, clients and their families
- The ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Evidence of initiative
- Good time management
- Demonstrate the ability to discuss the ethos of clinical governance and it's relevance in physiotherapy practice
- The ability to demonstrate an understanding of the NHS and the challenges facing the physiotherapy service
- The ability to demonstrate critical appraisal skills
- Evidence of Continuing Professional Development sufficient to meet HPC requirements
- Evidence of teaching at an undergraduate and postgraduate level
- Evidence of participating in clinical and organisational audit
- IT Literate
Other requirements Essential
- The physical ability to perform and cope with all aspects of manual handling as demanded by the job roleThe physical ability to perform and cope with all aspects of manual
- The ability to adapt to changes in work routine
- The ability to move between sites within the Health Board as demanded by the job role
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.