John Elliot Unit - Staff Nurse RMN
We are very much focused on improving standards of care and developing the in patient service in conjunction with the existing wider service and Multi-Disciplinary team. We are looking for Registered Nurses at Band 5.
This post is ideal for newly qualified nurses or nurses looking for a new challenge or to relocate to the North Manchester, Rochdale or the beautiful West Pennine Areas.
If you are new to nursing or this area - don't worry. We consider our ward as more than just an effective team, we are a work family. In return for your dedication, hard work, and enthusiasm, we will offer you support, nurturing, mentoring, and coaching in order to become a fantastic nurse.
Main duties of the job Service/Ward/Department Summary:
John Elliot Unit is a busy adult acute inpatient mental health service based at Birch Hill Hospital which is between Rochdale and Littleborough just off the M60/M62 . We have stunning views of the West Pennine Hills.
Rochdale is 30 mins by car from North Manchester and that there is free and ample parking on site.
We are currently seeking to recruit a band 5 staff nurse on a permanent contract to complement the staffing team that is already in place.
We offer a great preceptorship package to newly qualified nurses. Role Summary:
You will be an integral part of the team providing direct care to patients with a variety of mental health problemsTo act as the named nurse with responsibility for the overall care of an identified group of clientsTo regularly act as shift co-ordinator ensuring the smooth running of the clinical area and best utilisation of resources available, with support from senior clinicians.
About us What we offer
The candidates must be innovative, dynamic and enthusiastic to be a part of a team who is looking to improve the standards of care we are offering to the service users. we want to develop your career and share your enthusiasm for providing the best care.
We offer a comprehensive financial package in line with agenda for change. We offer excellent development opportunities and training that can be directed towards your needs/goals.
Job description Job responsibilities Key Responsibilities of the Post:
You will be involved in provide a high level of safe and effective nursing careBe responsible for the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of careAdhere to all Trust policies, procedures and guidelines
Person Specification Education / Qualifications Essential
- Registered Mental Health Nurse Qualification
- The Mental Health Act 1983 and Code of Practice.
- Legislation relating to discharge and aftercare.
- Care Planning and Management
- Clinical Risk Management.
- Experience of working within mental health setting
- Experience of working within Multi-Disciplinary Team
- Experience of admission and discharge process
- Experience of working within framework of Care Planning Approach
- Previous experience of working on an acute Mental Health ward
Skills and Abilities Essential
- Evidence Based Practice.
- Communication Skills
- Excellent Inter-personal Skills
- Ability to negotiate constructively.
- Care Planning and Management.
- Managing Violence and Aggression Skills
- De-escalation of violence and aggression.
- IT Skills
Motivation and Attitude Essential
- Willingness to learn.
- Commitment to caring for disturbed patients.
- Self Starter
- Calm Relaxed manner.
- Can work on own initiative.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.