Are you a passionate, motivated and innovative mental health nurse? Do you want to work in a vibrant and exciting environment within acute mental health inpatient services? Please apply for the position of a Staff Nurse on Jade ward, an ever developing AIMS accredited team who promote least restrictive practice and use a quality improvement approach to the care we provide to our service leaders, carers and their families in North West Sussex.
We have opportunities for Staff Nurses, both newly qualified, and for those with experience who are looking to further their professional development, and are looking for a new challenge.
Langley Green is an acute mental health hospital in Langley Green, we are part of Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust. Jade ward is one of four wards in our Hospital who work closely with each other, our hospital-based place of safety, the Haven, the crisis team and acute day service.
We would like to hear from you and for you to join our team during these exciting times and support your development and career aspirations.
To protect the health and safety of our staff/workers, patients, and those attending our sites, we encourage our workforce to get fully vaccinated against COVID
Main duties of the job
We are looking for experienced and newly qualified mental health nurses who are motivated, dynamic and forward thinking to work on Jade ward. You will have a commitment to maintaining and improving service leader centred care to the highest standards. Working as part of the multi-disciplinary team you will be able to demonstrate sound communication and clinical skills and be willing to develop these.All your skills and training will be fully utilised and developed through clinical supervision and training opportunities including a preceptorship academy for newly qualified nurses and modules offered by the University of Surrey and University of Brighton as well as Trust essential training and an Emerging Leadership Course for band 5 and band 6 Nurses. We also support and empower our Nurses with protected time and development in lead roles such as physical health and mental health act leads for the ward.
This post offers The Trust's Golden Hello for band 5 or 6 Nurses, or a Relocation package up to a maximum of £2000. (subject to terms and conditions. Please see attached Protocol document).
We're a large NHS Mental Health Trust in South East England. We're looking for people to help us provide high quality services for the patients, carers and local communities we serve.
We would like to create an environment where service leader, nurses, nurse associates, nursing assistants and carers are all leaders and actively involved in making decisions about our services. We are passionate about supporting you and your development and career aspirations.
Job description Job responsibilities
Jade ward is an exciting, vibrant environment to work within with a supportive team and a community feel.
In your role we would want you to:
- To deliver a high standard of evidence based inpatient nursing care in the designated care group in partnership with the team, the service users and where appropriate their family.
- To act as a primary nurse in the assessment of needs and organising of care.
- To co-ordinate shifts and provide supervision for support workers and students.
- To work within a team of nurses and other professionals who are committed to the delivery of a quality service.
- To adopt a flexible approach to hours of duty, in order to meet the needs of the service over a 24-hour period.
- To take charge of a designated clinical area and deputise as appropriate.
- To represent the Ward Manager and/or care team, at appropriate forums and disseminate information as required.
- To represent the clinical team perspective at multidisciplinary meetings and clinical reviews of patient care.
- To be an active participant in the multi-disciplinary team, formulating care plans and utilising appropriate assessments.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Registered Nurse with current registration (mentalhealth / LD/ Adult) appropriate to the job role.
- Studying towards Diploma/ Degree.
- Child and Adult safe guarding procedures.
- Demonstrates ability to assess and manage clinical risk
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.