The Trust is seeking a consultant psychiatrist to join an established Community Mental Health Team providing services for adults of all ages in the community, based at Fountain Way, Salisbury.
Fountain Way benefits from modern facilities, a hospital library, shop and a new primary care centre. Salisbury is a beautiful cathedral city with excellent schools, a vibrant arts culture, easy road access to the New Forest, South Coast, Winchester and Bath and a direct rail link to London in under 90 minutes.
You will work alongside a friendly and enthusiastic group of colleagues. 9 consultants are based at the site with 10 junior medical staff as well as visiting medical students from the University of Southampton. There is an in-house weekly teaching programme.
We seek a candidate with enthusiasm for developing the service and Team members' skills. We encourage the development of special interests and involvement in management.
Main duties of the job
You will provide medical input in to the Sarum Community Mental Health Team, the Memory Service and the Care Home Liaison team for designated surgeries within the Clinical Commissioning Group area.
You will provide consultant medical input to a population of approximately 19000 older adults registered with GP practices within the South Wiltshire area.
You will be supported by 0.7 whole time equivalent of Specialist Doctors time within their CMHT patch and will be encouraged to be a trainer.
For a description of each service resources and model please see the relevant section in the Service Description in the Job Description.
We are AWP (Avon and Wiltshire Mental Health Partnership NHS Trust) a diverse organisation with over 5,000 dedicated staff providing inpatient and community-based mental health care. We provide services from a range of locations to approximately 1.8 million people living in Bath and North East Somerset (B&NES), Bristol, North Somerset, South Gloucestershire, Swindon, across the county of Wiltshire and in parts of Dorset. Our outstanding people promote mental health and wellbeing. The expertise and resources within AWP are dedicated to a person-centred approach for those who use our services and for all employees. We recognise that happy and fulfilled employees give better care
Job description Job responsibilities
Please refer to the accompanying job description for full details on the roles and responsibilities of this post.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- MB BS or equivalent medical qualification
- Relevant Higher Degree e.g MD,PHD,Msc or other additional clinical qualifications
- MRCPsych OR MRCPsych equivalent approved by the Royal College of Psychiatrists.
- Fully registered with the GMC with a licence to practise at the time of appointment
- Included on the GMC Specialist Register OR within six months of gaining CCT
- Approved clinician status OR able to achieve within 3 months of appointment
- Approved under S12 OR able to achieve with 3 months of appointment
- CCT in Older Adult Psychaitry
- Experience of assessing and treating patients in a community setting.
Personal Skills Essential
- To possess leadership skills and be able to work collaboratively in a multidisciplinary team.
- Ability to manage own time, workload and prioritise clinical work
- Able to demonstrate excellent communication skills, in order to effectively work with patients, carers and staff.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Clinical Skills Essential
- Ability to assess and treat psychiatric problems in Older Adults and to deal with crisis situations.
- Understanding of the management skills required to function successfully as a Consultant.
- Commitment to and experience of undergraduate and postgraduate learning and teaching.
- Understand principles of teaching.
Research and Audit Essential
- Experience or involvement in a research project and publication.
- Experience of carrying out an audit project.
- Evidence of management/leadership skills training.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.