As a Specialist occupational therapist in TEWV you will manage a complex caseload independently, assessing occupational performance and delivering specialist occupational interventions, demonstrating adherence to the Trust values at all times and operating as a leader in the team, service and organisation.
The post holder will provide evidence-based assessment and interventions as part of the Occupational Therapy pathway and Behaviours that Challenge clinical pathway, and offer input to individuals, their families and carers in care homes.
Main duties of the job
- To be responsible for receiving referrals for occupational therapy, triaging and prioritising these, completing evidence-based assessments and interventions to address key occupational areas of self care, productivity and leisure.
- to use client-centred approaches to co-producing negotiated occupational goals and evaluate these with service users collaboratively.
- To participate in clinical/professional and management supervision
- To contribute to multi-disciplinary team working
- To contribute to and lead on service improvement and quality initiatives
- To use the Trust electronic patient record system
- To abide by all Trust policies and procedures
- To be able to respond flexibly and creatively to challenges
The post-holder will be required to travel across the locality and therefore applicants must be capable of independent travel.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a competent, confident, and enthusiastic Band 6 Occupational Therapist to join our team. The post holder will join the Occupational Therapy team consisting of one Specialist OT and a Band 5 OT who are part of the community mental health teamscovering the Scarborough, Whitby and Ryedale area.
The multi-disciplinary team works with older people and their families and carers to deliver Occupational therapy in care homes.
We are looking for an OT who can work flexibly to meet service need and has the vision, energy and inspiration to develop creative, imaginative solutions to working with older people, their families and care home staff.
You will access wider support from the Occupational therapy network in North Yorkshire Mental health services for older peoplein TEWV, to develop a way of delivering a high quality, needs-led OT service, utilising core occupational therapy skills to ensure all of the people we work with have a robust occupational therapy assessment and intervention plan in place.
Job description Job responsibilities
See attached job description.
All team members must be committed to providing the best possible care for the people we work with and their families/carers.
The ability to engage and communicate with older people as well as the parents/family/carers and system around them is essential.
Clinical/Professional supervision is provided by the Lead OT for North Yorkshire MHSOP for the Trust. The post holder will attend OT Learning and Governance Networks to ensure fidelity to core occupational therapy delivery, enhance CPD and contribute to the wider OT service developments.
You must be able to demonstrate experience of delivery of occupational therapy, keenness to continually develop themselves and others, and a particular interest in this field of OT. We will support use of transferrable skills from a range of clinical settings.
There are varied opportunities for training and development, with CPD needs being identified and monitored through appraisal.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Degree in Occupational Therapy
- Registration with HCPC
- Clinical Supervisory Skills Course
- Practice Placement Educator
- Post-graduate qualification in a relevant area
- Significant experience in Occupational Therapy including experience working with service users in mental health or learning disabilities with complex needs.
- Experience of supervising students on placement
- Experience of developing and delivering training
- Experience of participation in quality improvement activities
- Experience of participation in clinical governance activities
- Day to day supervision of staff
- Mental Health Act and Mental Capacity Act and its application in practice.
- Care Programme Approach and its application in practice
- Safeguarding and its application in practice
- Clinical Risk Assessment and Management and its application in practice
- National guidance and key standards in own specialist area
- Significant knowledge of evidence based practice in designated specialist area
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.