We are looking for a committed and enthusiastic Consultant Psychiatrist to join our CMHT in Basingstoke, Mid & North Hampshire Division. The post holder will be based at The Bridge Centre, Basingstoke and will become part of a team of consultants working in the Community.
Southern Health NHS Foundation Trust is a clinically led organisation, operationally supported and driven by patient centered care. We employ around 6,000 people and provide specialist mental health services, learning disability services, and community health care services.
Our vision is: ‘To provide high quality, safe services which improve the health and wellbeing, independence and confidence of the people we serve.’
We are committed to the development of your career and believe that by supporting, developing and nurturing our staff we will deliver outstanding patient care. Why work with us?
- Centre of excellence within Wessex research network
- Centre for Professional Development in Mental Health, a diverse programme of high quality multi-professional courses, involving the participation of national and international experts
- ‘New Consultants’ Development Programme’ - We’ve established this to create a network through your first year with the Trust combining a tailored development programme and coaching with organisational understanding.
- The Trust has adopted a strong Quality Improvement agenda and there is the opportunity for training in this methodology.
- Protected “off-site” time for CPD can be incorporated as part of the job planning process.
- Free parking at many of our sites, including Parklands.
- Locally we have a relatively small but cohesive and supportive consultant group, meeting weekly with our consultant colleagues in Adult Mental Health and Older Persons Mental Health. Here, alongside business and service development agendas there is a strong peer support and clinical focus.
- Access to an excellent local Postgraduate Academic Programme to cater for CPD requirements
- There is also a monthly Balint Group for Senior Medical staff.
We have a lot to offer and look forward to talking with you about the opportunities available. We strongly encourage an informal visit to the unit prior to the interview.
Dr Maja Meerten, Divisional Medical Director 01256 817718 or email
f you are someone who has let your registration lapse or feel you’re out of date, please do consider our return to practice programme.
For further information about the post please email firstname.lastname@example.org
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive a suitable application for the role. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.