Are you an experienced Social Worker who demonstrates their values through practice?
Do you have what it takes to lead, shape and influence social care practice within an integrated environment?
Are you team player who respects everyones contribution in improving the experience and offer to the people we support and their carers?
Are you looking to be part of a forward thinking, positive and supportive team who celebrates difference and success passionately? Are you a team player who understands and appreciates the benefits of an open and values based operating culture?
If you have answered Yes to all these questions, then we may be able to provide you with the next step in your career.
Bedford Community Mental Health Services are transforming, as is our workforce. We are looking for a Borough Lead Social Worker to head up the integrated Adult Social Care Pathway. You will know the value of partnership working, and have robust work experience in statutory social work practice and have a degree of confidence in legal literacy. You will be committed to working alongside the people we support and colleagues, in continually seeking to improve our offer. In return, you can expect to be supported in taking forward innovative practice, your professional and career development and manage the Adult Social Care pathway within an established collaborative leadership structure.
Main duties of the job
To lead, shape and influence the delivery of the Adult Social Care pathway as part of a transformed and blended team.
To provide collaborative and dynamic adult social care leadership, providing quality assurance on the delivery of adult social care statutory responsibilities in line with the Care Act, 2014 and other relevant legislation.
To play a key role in developing collaborative and mutually respectful partnerships with key stakeholders and wider system partners.
To be operationally responsible for integrated mental health social work practice with a focus on the implementation of the NHS long term plan as it relates to Community Mental Health Services.
To champion the value of social work taking opportunities to raise its profile and working with Trust colleagues to ensure a robust learning and development offer.
To be a key member of the wider management team that works across the directorate bringing together best practice, quality improvement and assurance in Mental Health Social Work.
Provide oversight, advice and support to team members and other managers, as appropriate, for court work and other legal purposes, that supports learning, problem solving and resolution.
Provide professional leadership on adult safeguarding investigations and provide expert knowledge of safeguarding processes, policy and case law.
Our mission is to make a positive difference to people's lives by improving the quality of life for all we serve. Our values are: We Care, We Respect, We are Inclusive - so we are looking for people who live and breathe these qualities when supporting service users and carers, and in their relationships with colleagues in the Trust and our partner organisations
Job description Job responsibilities
Please kindly refer to the job description and person specification attached to this vacancy for further information.
Person Specification Education/ Qualification/ Training Essential
- oProfessional Qualification in Social Work (CQSW, Diploma or 1st Degree)
- oEvidence of recent practice at a senior practitioner/team manager or equivalent level, supported by 5 years sound front line exposure to a wide ranging field of practice
- oEvidence of ability to provide specialist advice on social care and social work issues to senior management and to stakeholders
- oEvidence of managing complex safeguarding
- oDemonstrates resilience, professional maturity and adapts and responds well to change.
- oEvidence of thinking analytically, ability to solve complex problems and issues, makes rational, realistic and sound judgement
- oEvidence of initiating and managing change
- oEvidence of complex risk management that focuses on enabling people.
- oKnowledge of commissioning services
- oEvidence of supervising and developing staff
- oAbility to compile meaningful reports from complex data
- oWorking knowledge of the Care Act, 2014 and other statutory frameworks
Knowledge and Skills Desirable
- oCapacity to function effectively as a leader demonstrating ability to motivate and encourage people
- oClear written and verbal communication skills
- oExperience of Performance Management
- oAbility to audit and identify areas of practice that require improvement
- oAble to create and maintain effective partnerships
- oExperience of working within Mental Health Services or ability to demonstrate transferable skills and experience
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.