Northamptonshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust are dedicated to making a positive difference and to providing care with compassion. We put the person at the centre of everything we do, so if you want to work for a Trust that makes a difference and is rated Outstanding by the CQC this is the place for you.
We have an exciting opportunity to specialise in mental health whilst continuing to maintain and develop your skills in general medicine and care of the elderly.
We are seeking to appoint a dynamic, motivated, forward-thinking clinical pharmacist to our friendly, innovative and supportive pharmacy team at our Berrywood hospital site.
You will be part of a team delivering a high quality patient focused clinical pharmacy service to:
- Adult and Older People's Mental Health wards
- Child Adolescent Mental Health wards
- Community Hospital wards/Palliative care
You will provide pharmacy support and advice at ward level, supported by Medicines Management Technicians, attend consultant ward rounds, develop policies and guidelines, complete both national and local audits and be involved in the teaching of staff. There is currently no dispensary commitment and no on-call commitment or weekend working.
Mental health experience is desirable but not essential as we have an in-house training programme and offer the opportunity to complete the Aston University distance learning Postgraduate Certificate/Diploma in Psychiatric Therapeutics.
Main duties of the job
As Senior Pharmacist Mental Health & Elderly Care the post holder will :
- Deliver pharmaceutical support to the Mental Health and Community Hospital inpatient areas, provide ad hoc support to hospices and support medicines management throughout the organisation.
- Deliver a specialist clinical pharmaceutical service to patients with mental health problems and support the safe and effective use of both psychotropic and general medications throughout the hospital;
- Ensure risks within medicines management are identified and managed
- Ensure compliance with all relevant medicines-related legislation and policy
- Provide input to consultant ward rounds/team meetings
- Train, teach and supervise other members of the pharmacy
- Provide education on medicines for other healthcare professionals, patients and carers
- Advise senior and junior medical staff and nurses on medicines management issues
NHFT is an integrated primary care and mental health Trust, providing physical, mental health and specialty services in both hospital settings and out in the community. Because we put the person at the centre of all we do, we focus on delivering care that is as easy to access as possible. This means many of our services can be provided at home, work or in schools.We also provide health services to various prisons and detention centres in Bedfordshire and Cambridgeshire.
Job description Job responsibilities
For further information on the advertised role, please refer to the job description located under the Supporting Documents heading. The full person specification can be accessed under the About You Section of the document.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Educated to Master of Pharmacy (MPharm) degree, or equivalent
- Current and continued registration and membership with the General Pharmaceutical Council
- oEvidence of recent continuing personal learning and development
- Educated to Post-graduate qualification e.g. Clinical pharmacy diploma/ certificate/diploma in Psychiatric therapeutics (Aston) or equivalent knowledge and experience
- Post registration experience
- Experience of working with minimal supervision
- Recent hospital experience
- Some experience of working within mental health
- Experience of working as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Experience of answering medicines information queries
- Experience of planning, implementing, analysing, reporting and changing practice through audit
- Experience of implementing medicines management policies and procedures
- Experience of delivering training packages for staff and service users
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.