Staff Nurse - Band 5 Full time / part time hours available Permanent role
Are you interested in nursing within a child and adolescent learning disability service? Newly qualified and experienced nurses wanted within our Child and Adolescent Assessment and Treatment Unit.
We are currently seeking to recruit a number of staff nurses to join us in delivering high quality, compassionate care and support in the Child and Adolescent Service.
The Jade Unit consists of 9 mixed gender beds for children and adolescents whose critical needs and behaviours of concern cannot be managed safely in a community setting. The children will typically have an additional psychiatric, behavioural and/or development disorder that has de-stabilised and requires a continual period ofassessment and treatment. Ages range from approximately 12-19. Please note many Trust interviews are currently taking place through Microsoft Teams, this can be downloaded either through the App Store or Google Play for use on your phone/tablet.
Main duties of the job For more information on this role please see the attached support information. This will give you a better overview of the job role and requirements.
To support the ward manager in the inpatient environment to provide packages of care to service users, working as part of a multi-disciplinary team. staff nurses are also required to act as nurse in charge of a shift and have named nurse responsibilities
- Preceptorship programmes for newly qualified nurses
- On-going support for experienced nurses (mentoring, buddying)
- Support with revalidation
- Training and development opportunities
- Experience working within a national service, with professionals who are committed to making a profound improvement in the lives of our service users
- The opportunity to develop the specialist skills required to participate as a skilled member of an experienced CAMHS Multi Disciplinary Team.
The service received an overall rating of Good by the CQC and an Outstanding for care and compassion of which we are rightly proud. We have also been recognised both locally and nationally by receiving awards for the services we provide.
Coventry and Warwickshire Partnership Trust provides a full range of expanding physical, mental health and learning disability services to children, young adults, adults and older adults over many sites across Coventry, Warwickshire and Solihull.
Services are provided to a population of over one million people living in Coventry and Warwickshire and also a wider geographical area in some of our specialist services, we see on average around 5,000 patients every day.
Job description Job responsibilities For more information on this role please see the attached support information. This will give you a better overview of the job role and requirements.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Nursing qualification Learning Disability: RNMH, RNLD OR Nursing qualification Mental Health: RMN, RNMH
- A range of experience of working with people with a mental disorder
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.