Static Physiotherapist - Vales Community Resource Service Band 6
Do you want to work in a commutable location and be part of a great organisation? The Vale Community Resource Service (VCRS) is situated in the ever developing area of the Vale of Glamorgan. The Vale hosts attractive coastline and national parks. The Vale of Glamorgan has excellent links being situated close to the M4 and is only a quick commute from the capital city of Wales hosting national and international events.
Cardiff and Vale University Health board is a large teaching health board delivering super regional as well as local services with close links to Cardiff University. The University has a high profile teaching, research and development role within the UK and abroad. So together we are training the next generation of health professionals.
Main duties of the job
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a dynamic and innovative physiotherapist to join the physiotherapy team within VCRS. You will work alongside members of the multidisciplinary team delivering physiotherapy to prevent admission, facilitate hospital discharge and provide rehabilitation towards patient centred goals. Main duties of the job
We are looking for a dynamic and innovative, experienced physiotherapist with proven rehabilitation skills to join VCRS.
You will work alongside members of the multidisciplinary team and deliver physiotherapy to patients in community setting to prevent admission, facilitate hospital discharge and also deliver rehabilitation to this group of patients to prevent further deterioration. You will also work within VCRS projects and developments such as Stay Steady Clinics and the Team around the individual. You will need to be able to demonstrate a wide variety of clinical skills including frailty, falls and complex multipathologies. In addition to your clinical skills you require proven problem- solving skills to prevent hospital admission, resilience and flexibility in dealing with changes in service provision. You will have responsibility for supervising physiotherapists and support staff within the service. You require good time management, and prioritising skills working closely with the multidisciplinary team members.
The ability to speak Welsh is desirable for this role; Welsh and/or English speakers are equally welcome to apply.
About us Cardiff and Vale University Health Board
is one of the largest Integrated Health Boards in the UK, employing over 15,000 staff, providing over 100 specialist services. Working across 6 hospital sites, we have a diverse range of career opportunities to offer. Serving around 500,000 people living in Cardiff and the Vale of Glamorgan, we are focussed on the health and care needs of our local population whilst working with our partners to develop regional services.
Our mission isCaring for People, Keeping People Well,
and ourvision is that every person's chance of leading a healthy life should be equal. As an organisation we are unashamedly ambitious for our population's health, rising to the challenges of today and tomorrow through our 10-year strategy, Shaping our Future Wellbeing. We are contributing to a healthier Wales with great emphasis placed on innovation and improvement, learning from around the world and leading the way in clinical research. Partnership working is strong at Cardiff and Vale, and we work closely with our staff and our community.
Cardiff, the thriving Welsh capital, is a fantastic city to live and work in with an abundance of sports, arts and cultural attractions. Situated to the west of Cardiff, the Vale of Glamorgan offers a combination of beautiful Welsh countryside and a dramatic natural coastline. Whether city life or rural living, Cardiffand the Vale offers the best of both worlds.
Job description Job responsibilities
You will be able to find a full Job description and Person Specification attached within the supporting documents or please click Apply now to view in Trac
Person Specification qualification Essential
- degree in physiotherapy
- H.C.P.C. Registration
- Further education past degree level
- substantial experience post reg in physiotherapy position
- previous experience in the community
- Experience as working as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Experience of working in the NHS as a qualified physiotherapist
- experience providing clinical supervision
- evidence of assisting in planning and developing existing services
- experience of teaching other disciplines
- Experience of working with the elderly population including those with dementia
- demonstrates basic knowledge of community rehab
- manages a clinical caseload
- communication with other healthcare prof and public
- evidence of communication and motivation skills
- interpersonal skills and a team player
- presentation and training skills
- involvement in audit and research
special knowledge Essential
- evidence of CPD
- awareness of Health and safety
- Specialist physiotherapy clinical knowledge in the field of rehabilitation
- relevant post graduate training course
personal attributes Essential
- ability to cope under pressure
- friendly, approachable and reliable
- empathy and enthusiasm
- demonstrates awareness and understanding of, and committment to, the Cardiff & Vale UHB values
- Places patient and service needs before own
- membership of SIG
- welsh speaker
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.