We are seeking a Consultant Psychiatrist to provide medical input and leadership to a CMHT/recovery service in West Wiltshire, with particular responsibility for patients from surgeries in Melksham and Trowbridge.
Main duties of the job
To provide advice to members of the Multi-Disciplinary Teams in the WWKD CMHT. Regular attendance at the team MDT meetings.
Assessment and treatment of outpatients in clinics.
To hold CPA meetings for outpatients.
To visit patients in their own place of residence if clinically indicated
To liaise with other parts of the service and GPs and non-NHS organisations wherever applicable.
To liaise with the Intensive and Inpatient services as appropriate to facilitate the smooth handover of clients between services.
To fulfil the Responsible Clinician role with respect to patients subject to Community Treatment Orders.
To supervise and training of medical students, junior and middle grade doctors, Specia
About us We are AWP (Avon and Wiltshire Mental Health Partnership NHS Trust)
a diverse organisation with over 5,000 dedicated staff providing inpatient and community-based mental health care. We provide services from a range of locations to approximately 1.8 million people living in Bath and North East Somerset (B&NES), Bristol, North Somerset, South Gloucestershire, Swindon, across the county of Wiltshire and in parts of Dorset.
Our outstanding people promote mental health and wellbeing. The expertise and resources within AWP are dedicated to a person-centred approach for those who use our services and for all employees. We recognise that happy and fulfilled employees give better care.
Job description Job responsibilities
Please refer to the accompanying job description for full details on the roles and responsibilities of this post.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- MB BS or equivalent medical qualification
- Relevant Higher Degree e.g MD,PHD,Msc or other additional clinical qualifications
- MRCPsych OR MRCPsych equivalent approved by the Royal College of Psychiatrists.
- Fully registered with the GMC with a licence to practise at the time of appointment
- Included on the GMC Specialist Register OR within six months of gaining CCT
- Approved clinician status OR able to achieve within 3 months of appointment
- Approved under S12 OR able to achieve with 3 months of appointment
- CCT in General Adult Psychiatry
- Experience of assessing and treating patients in a community setting.
Personal Skills Essential
- To possess leadership skills and be able to work collaboratively in a multidisciplinary team.
- Ability to manage own time, workload and prioritise clinical work
- Able to demonstrate excellent communication skills, in order to effectively work with patients, carers and staff.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Clinical Skills Essential
- Ability to assess and treat psychiatric problems in Adults of working age and to deal with crisis situations.
- Understanding of the management skills required to function successfully as a Consultant.
- Commitment to and experience of undergraduate and postgraduate learning and teaching.
- Understand principles of teaching.
Research and Audit Essential
- Experience or involvement in a research project and publication.
- Experience of carrying out an audit project.
- Evidence of management/leadership skills training.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.