We are please to offer an exciting opportunity for a Fixed Term Band 6 Speech and Language Therapist to work in Somerset Bridge Primary School in Bridgwater. Hours are 25 hours / week over five days and term time only which would be ideal for any experienced SLTs who need to work around childcare. It is a one year contract initially but there is potential for this to be extended.
The successful applicant will be supported by the Children and Young People's Therapy Service (CYPTS) within Somerset NHS Foundation Trust. The service comprises Paediatric Speech and Language Therapists, Occupational Therapists and Physiotherapists as well as Therapy Support Practitioners and Administrators.
Main duties of the job
The post will involve working with a school age caseload assessing, diagnosing and managing interventions for children and young people with a range of communication difficulties.
Induction, ongoing line management and clinical supervision will be provided by the Children and Young People's Therapy Service Bridgwater Team.
As an organisation, the NHS offers a wide range of benefits including flexible working, fantastic pension contributions, market leading annual leave allowance, career progression and regular conversations, not to mention our Blue Light Card and NHS exclusive discounts.
The benefits of working in Somerset include the idyllic countryside, with our areas of outstanding beauty and stunning coastlines. You will get to enjoy these perks whilst still only being a stone's throw away from bustling city centres like Bristol, Bath and Exeter and only two hours away from London.
There are excellent educational facilities in the area and, when compared to other regions, house prices are reasonable. You will be able to experience the best of both in Somerset, the countryside and the cosmopolitan - there is truly something for everyone!
Job description Job responsibilities
- Working within Somerset Bridge Primary School
- Assessment and diagnosis of children with speech, language and communication difficulties
- Preparing and delivering intervention plans in school
- Supporting early intervention programmes in school
- Providing training to staff around aspects of speech, language and communication
- Linking with CYPTS SLT colleagues to provide excellent Health and Education support for children and families.
Person Specification Qualifications and Training Essential
- Recognised degree or equivalent in Speech and Language Therapy
- HPC registration and RCSLT registration
Knowledge and experience Essential
- Knowledge of current Educational and National Curriculum issues
- Up to date theoretical knowledge
- Proven experience of Paediatric Speech and Language Therapy
- Experience of training others
- Experience of supervision
- Experience of working in multi agency teams
Planning and Organising Skills Essential
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Experience of working independently and autonomously
- Flexible and adaptable
Communication Skills Essential
- Evidence of good standard of literacy / English language skills
- High standards of written communication skills with ability to use email and internet
- Full driving licence and access to a car for business
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.