We are looking for an experienced team leader to come and lead our Community Perinatal Mental Health in providing quality care and support to this specialist patient group.
This is a chance to work with an established service and gain valuable experience as a team leader within perinatal services while been well supported by both the Modern Matron and Clinical Service Lead.
We are looking for an individual who is driven and is passionate to work within perinatal services and strives to provide outstanding clinical care.
Previous management experience would be advantageous, along with demonstration of transferrable clinical knowledge, judgement and skills and a willingness to learn. You will be supported to develop your leadership and management skills and will have the opportunity to attend leadership training offered by the organisation. You will be offered an extended induction in the service and will be supported to attend perinatal specific training offered by the Tavistock and Health Education England.The role will provide clinical and management supervision, and support individual staff members and help the team to develop.
Main duties of the job Management of Care and Practice Management of Financial and Material Resources Management of Clinical Standards Management of Human Resources Management of Information and Communication Management of the Environment Personal Development and Freedom to Act
About us About the location:
You will be based at old Town Hall, Catford, London, SE6 4RU.
Our Trust headquarters is located at Denmark Hill less than 5 minutes from the train station (zone 2). We also provide services and operate across other locations, such as London boroughs of Croydon, Lambeth, Lewisham and Southwark; and substance misuse services for residents of Bexley, Lambeth, Greenwich and Wandsworth.
Job description Job responsibilities
To have overall management responsibility for the delivery of care within perinatal community team, in accordance with Trust policies and procedures.
To lead a team of professionals and support staff in the delivery of high quality evidence-based practice, ensuring that regular supervision and appraisals take place.
To manage administrative and operational resources in a cost-effective manner, evaluating the standard of service delivered.
To co- ordinate multidisciplinary working, maintaining excellent communication and working relationships with all team members, and other services within the Trust and external to the Trust, to ensure effective interface and continuity of care between disciplines and services.
The post holder will carry out clinical and managerial procedures to a standard that ensures safe and effective care, and complies with the relevant Code of Professional Conduct.
There is an expectation that the post holder will place the needs of service users at the centre of care delivery.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Registered Nurse-Mental Health or other professional registration such as Occupational Therapy & Psychology
- Mentorship Course (or other relevant teaching/assessment course)
- Degree or equivalent experience
- Evidence of continuing professional development
- Management course
- Master level qualification
- Experience of implementing and monitoring standards of care
- Experience of working within a multidisciplinary team
- Significant experience of managing clinical practice in a mental health service
- Experience of providing clinical and managerial supervision
- Experience of working with pregnant and postnatal women and of using a variety of models and approaches to care
- Experience of managing non-clinical staff and other professionals
- Experience of implementing significant changes in working practices
- Specialist clinical knowledge relevant to the service, including evidence based practice.
- Understanding of the role and function of other organisations providing services to people with mental ill-health.
- Working knowledge of all relevant legislation associated with acute mental health care, including MHA, CPA procedures, Human Rights Act, NSF, Child Protection and NHS Plan.
- Knowledge of performance management procedures.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.