A new & exciting service - Mental Health Support Teams in Schools.
Success with implementation in 2020, has led to expansion.
The service is across H & W schools to provide early help for CYP ages 5 - 18 experiencing mental health problems.
We offer evidence-based interventions low intensity orientated for CYP.
We are supportive, share knowledge, learn from our experiences, have attractive training packages, making the work place a good place to be.
Service is Mon - Fri 9 - 5, multi professional working.
The role is in our Redditch Team, core to this role is the clinical supervision provided to our EMHP work force.
Successful candidates will undertake the EMHP supervisory course at the University of Exeter (virtual course). Training starts 3 October 2022.
Is this role right for you? Contact the Recruiting Manager which can be found on the top right-hand side of the advert.
Main duties of the job
Contemporaneous clinical record keeping.
Clinical supervision (case management) for band 4/5.
Design & deliver clinical skills sessions increasing the knowledge base of band 4 & 5 staff.
Under the direction of the Operational & Clinical Lead be accountable and responsible manage a defined caseload of patients
Participate in MDT working & Service Development
Individual assessment, risk assessment & care plan
CBT low intensity format also delivering, consultation, whole school approach, group work for pupils & parents.
Deliver consultation advice to education partners including signposting and referral to other services
Advocate for CYP in a variety of forums.
Audit related to service improvement.
Promote knowledge of mental health & the prevention of mental ill health with children and members of the general public, both formally and informally.
Foster close working relationships
Actively participate in regular clinical & safeguarding supervision sessions
We are community hospitals, neighbourhood teams and community nursing services across Worcestershire and the provider of Mental Health and Learning Disability services across both Herefordshire and Worcestershire. We work in partnership with other organisations to keep our community well at home for as long as possible.
We provide services for people of all ages, across a range of settings, experiencing both physical and/or mental health conditions.
We have an open and supportive culture, recognised by the CQC and other external regulators. We want you to thrive, offering you every opportunity to develop. We will support you; help you fulfil your ambitions with a varied and flexible training programme; and empower you to make positive changes within your team or service. We endeavour to offer an attractive work-life balance, with flexibility in our approach to help you get the most out of your career.
We provide our staff with direct access to a wealth of resources to support their wellbeing, from our Staff Mental Health and Wellbeing Hub, to wellbeing festivals or access to free online exercise classes.
At the core of our values, we are committed to equality, diversity, inclusion and human rights. We take every opportunity to strengthen our approach to equality and diversity in delivering best patient care and the employment of our staff.
We would encourage you to visit the Trusts Recruitment Microsite, click the Employer Website link.
Job description Job responsibilities
Act as a role model to colleagues, always seeking to maintain the highest standards.
Use their initiative and take responsibility for themselves and the quality of their work and the service they provide to patients.
Work in partnership with Educational Settings & Partners to improve the outcomes for CYP 5-18 years of age.
Be a member of the Multi-disciplinary Team & will carry continuing responsibility for the assessment, treatment & management of a defined caseload.
Use their initiative & take responsibility for themselves & the quality of their work and the service they provide to patients.
Provide a high quality, community (school) based service to the children & families within a MDT working within the Wellbeing and Emotional Support Teams. This is a developing service and there maybe opportunities to work in different teams as the service transforms.
For full details of the duties and criteria for the role please refer to the job description and person specification attached.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Registered Nurse/Occupational Therapist/Social Worker or Childrens Wellbeing Practitioner or Education Mental Health Practitioner qualification with 2 years post qualification experience
- Current Full UK Professional Registration
- Specific qualification in a relevant therapeutic speciality e.g. counselling, Family Therapy, CBT, substance misuse
- Extensive post registration experience in mental health care including mental health assessment and risk assessment
- Use of therapeutic interventions within mental health settings i.e. 1:1, counselling, family therapy and group work
- Working with children and young people
- Supervising less experienced members of staff
- Working knowledge of health services
- Working knowledge of mental health issues in CAMH Services
- Experience in the delivery of evidence-based and CBT interventions for children and adolescents.
- Good knowledge of recognised disorders and illnesses in the field of mental health
- Knowledge of the Mental Health Act
- Experience of delivering training and developing others
- Experience of Providing mentorship
- Experience of leadership or line management responsibilities
- Experience of working in an educational environment
Additional Criteria Essential
- Awareness of personal strengths and limitations
- Able to travel to meet the commitments of the post
Skills & Abilities Essential
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in English in both verbal and written formats
- Basic IT competency
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.