The post holder will work with specialist CAMHS, to assess and treat children and adolescents with mental health needs who have been referred to this service.
The post holder will work independently and with other members of the team, to deliver a comprehensive service to this client group.
The post holder will liaise with and provide consultation to professionals from Health, Education, Families or Carers, and Children's Services as well as voluntary sector, concerning promoting the well-being of this client group.
We are looking for a highly motivated, caring, compassionate and dynamic individual with knowledge, interest and experience of working in mental health to join our team. An individual that can demonstrate a tolerance and understanding of supporting children and adolescents, to assist in working towards their recovery and delivery of high quality, effective and efficient care.
Main duties of the job South Cumbria (Barrow in furness and Kendal
You will be part of an established CAMHs, working with children, young people (up to the age of 18) and their families; experience of working with children and young people would be an advantage.
We are a busy, friendly service providing a range of treatment approaches to children and young people including CBT, EMDR and Decider Skills Workshops. We also work in close collaboration with partner agencies.
We are committed to ongoing continuous professional development of our staff and as a member of our team, you will have the opportunity to be involved in various training initiatives.
The hours of work are 9am-5pm Monday to Friday. You must be passionate about working with children and young people with a wide range of moderate to severe mental health difficulties.
Lancashire & South Cumbria NHS Foundation Trust provides a range of services including secondary mental health care across this area. Specialist provision comprises inpatient child and adolescent mental health services, perinatal mental health and forensic services including low and medium secure care.
The Trust also provides a range of physical health and well-being services in the community alongside a range of partners in the Lancashire, Cumbria and Sefton area.
Lancashire & South Cumbria Foundation Trust encourages flexible working, we believe that a positive work/life balance benefits NHS employees through improved health and wellbeing. We would consider working patterns such as; term time, part time, compressed hours, flexi-time and career breaks. We encourage applicants to state clearly on their application forms this request and discuss these options at interview.
For more information please visit our website via Lancashire & South Cumbria NHS FT
Job description Job responsibilities
Please see attached the job description and person specification for more information about this role.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- oDegree and registered in Occupational Therapy
- oEvidence of post qualifying registration to mental health practice/ or with children and adolescents
- oAbility to carry a caseload of service users with complex and diverse needs in a mental health setting
- oPost graduate clinical experience related to this clinical field
- oAbility to work in a multi-disciplinary team
- oDemonstrate advanced multi-agency working within a team, including anticipating barriers to communication and capacity to take appropriate action
- oHighly developed interpersonal skills with service user who have complex and multiple needs
- oIT Skills and digital literacy
- oHighly developed writing skills
- oAbility to clearly articulate the role of OT to a range of people and clients
- oKnowledge of understanding assessments and use of theories of models of practice and frames of reference within OT domain, as well as experience at deciphering other disciplines assessments and reports
- oAbility to deal with conflict and resolve it
- oAbility to demonstrate strong leadership skills, including examples of good negotiating skills
- oCommitment to client centred, non-discriminatory practice
- oExcellent communication skills
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.