Are you a newly qualified Physiotherapist looking to gain experience in an integrated team? Or a current Band 5 Physiotherapist looking to widen your knowledge base and skill set?
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic innovative, flexible and well-motivated physiotherapist to join the Integrated Rehabilitation Team based in East Cornwall. The Band 5 Rehabilitation Physiotherapy post offers experience in Community Inpatient and Community Rehabilitation environments in the East Cornwall area.
We deliver physiotherapy in the East Cornwall locality to individuals with a primary Physical Health Rehab condition in variety of ways:
- Launceston and Liskeard Community Hospitals - GP-led 18-bedded and 44-bedded rehabilitation units working as part of a team of Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy, Nursing and Therapy support workers
- Community Rehabilitation Team - within the person's home environment and intervention targeted at a wide variety of conditions, eg long-term, neurological, orthopaedic, falls, frailty
- Intermediate Care - A more urgent service and working closely with the Home First/Early intervention team in the most appropriate environment for the individual
- The Integrated Rehabilitation Therapy team works closely with Specialist Therapy teams and is part of the East Cornwall Locality integrated Care Team working with Community Nursing, Social Care, Volunteer and Mental Health teams
Main duties of the job
The purpose of the post is to gain a range of experience within Physiotherapy across Inpatients,Community and Outpatients settings, providing a high quality physiotherapy service. To perform a physiotherapy assessment of patients and formulate a diagnosis and appropriate treatment plan which is carried out as an autonomous practitioner.
We're an NHS community and mental health provider Trust based in Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly. We deliver community and hospital-based care to improve people's physical and mental health. We also provide specialist support to people with dementia or a learning disability.
We are a people organisation and people matter to us. As part of the team, you'll help support the health and wellbeing of the people who live and visit this beautiful part of the UK.
Over 4,000 people make up the Trust. This includes doctors, nurses, therapists, plus admin and support staff.
We work in people's homes, in community clinics and bases. Some staff work from one of our 13 community hospitals. Our aspiration is to have great people, provide great care, be a great place to work and a great partner.
Just over 532,000 people live here. A third of people who live in Cornwall are supported by acute hospital services in Devon. As a result, we also work closely with our partners in Devon. In the summer, and during other holidays lots of people choose to visit the area. This increases the numbers of people who use our services.
Job description Job responsibilities
To view a detailed job description and person specification including the main responsibilities of this role please see supporting documents.
Person Specification Education/Qualification Essential
- Degree or Diploma in Physiotherapy
- HCPC Registered
- IELTS unless qualification taken in English
- Broad range of student placements
- Experience of working within a multidisciplinary team and an understanding of roles
Knowledge and abilities Essential
- Ability to undertake moving and handling procedures
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.