This exciting post makes up part of a new team providing therapeutic interventions within MHSOP for individuals of all ages with a new diagnosis of dementia, post diagnostic group based interventions and individuals with mental health challenges aged 65 plus, group based therapies. The team is multi disciplinary and is being launched on April 1st 2022Main duties of the job
Creation of group therapy
Supervision of Assistant Psychologists
Training of staff
Delivery of assessment and interventionAbout us
We have a huge variety of opportunities in our expansive Trust covering geographically from South Yorkshire, Nottinghamshire to Leicester, providing mental health inpatient and community services, community health services, forensic mental health services and secure prison healthcare across the East Midlands.
We have more than 100 sites and a huge scope of unique opportunities to develop your career and gain some amazing experiences. We strive to be a great place to work and offer many staff benefits and tailored staff support and wellbeing programmes. Do you want to make a difference?Do you believe in Trust, Honesty, Respect, Compassion and Teamwork?
Then Nottinghamshire Healthcare is the perfect place for you to start, maintain or further your career. Join our team of nearly 9000 who are making a difference every day. We are all about our people - our staff, volunteers, carers, service users and patients. We are NottsHC.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter @NottsHealthcareJob descriptionJob responsibilities
The therapeutic intervention service (TIS) is a new service delivering a range of evidence based group therapies within MHSOP. The team is multi disciplinary and comprises of 2 Psychologists, Nurses, Occupational therapists, Assistant Psychologists, Assistant Practitioners and Peer support workers.
The successful candidate will have regular support from senior Clinical Psychologists, peer support and managerial support.
The candidate will be instrumental in delivering the service.
Development of group therapies
Delivery of therapeutic intervention
Supervision of Psychology assistants
Supervision of MDT staffPerson SpecificationEssentialEssential
- Qualification in Clinical Psychology with eligibility for BPSC
- Evidence of an ability to design and complete doctoral level research
- Postgraduate qualification in a specific therapeutic model or clinical area such as neuropsychology
- Evidence of publication
- Evidence of an ability to draw on a range of Psychological therapies
- Experience of working with Older Adults
- Evidence of working with a range of mental health problems including severe, complex and chronic psychological problems
- Evidence of an ability to draw on a range of psychological therapy and theoretical approaches to inform assessment and therapy
- Evidence of an ability to work with and liaise with other health professionals and agencies
- Evidence of the ability to provide consultation to other professional and non-professional groups
- Ability to monitor and audit services
- Knowledge of relevant legislation
- Skills in providing clinical supervision
- Ability to identify, provide and promote appropriate means of support to carers and staff exposed to highly distressing situations and severely challenging behaviour
- Further training in specialist area of psychology
- Post qualification experience of working in older adult services
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.