Band 6 - SPA & Education In-reach Senior Mental Health Practitioner
Look no further if you are seeking a role that offers variety, a range of experiences, opportunity for growth and development; all whilst surrounded by a supportive energised team.
We are looking for committed and passionate individuals to join our Single Point of Access (SPA) team as a Band 6 clinician.
We are welcoming all Registered Mental Health Nurses, Social Workers and Occupational Therapists to join us; whether you have CAMHS specific experience or not, we can support developing knowledge and skills in the role.
The post is divided across the week between working within the SPA, along with working directly with the secondary and tertiary education settings in Wiltshire.
The successful post holder will work with other clinicians providing, support, assessment and treatment options for young people accessing the service either via direct face to face contact in education settings or via phone consultations in the SPA. The role requires collaboration with the network supporting the young person to facilitate a package of care whether this is via external agencies or accessing support from CAMHS.
The partnerships in the education settings supports the whole school approach to addressing the emotional well being needs of students; the role leads itself to supporting staff in accessing pathways of support, staff training, direct assessment, and group work.
We are looking for applicants who:
- Have excellent communication skills to effectively liaise with young people and families, to establish the current presentation of the child/young person and give advice, guidance, and support.
- Can remain calm under pressure.
- Are well organised in coordinating and prioritising clinical demands, to ensure efficient throughput of the incoming requests for service.
- Be proactive in developing needs led packages of care for children and young people in a timely way.
- To support the delivery of a high-quality link worker provision in education settings. This will include providing consultation and training to staff in a range of agencies in relation to the mental and emotional well-being of children and young people.
- Enjoy working with a motivated, driven, supportive team.
- Want to benefit from working between office, education settings and from home.
- Who enjoy flexibility and diversity in their practice.
As an organisation we offer flexibility in terms of hours and work base. We recognise the importance of flexible working to ensure a healthy work life balance and would be open to the possibility of home working for a proportion of the working week.
The role may progress to supporting the delivery of the on-call service across BSW (BaNES, Swindon & Wiltshire).
The successful applicant can expect a comprehensive induction programme, including a range of shadowing opportunities to fully support the post holder in the role. The team fully supports and engages in regular managerial, clinical, group peer and safeguarding supervision to build upon confidence, competence and commitment to developing self and the role.
We pride ourselves on embedding team cohesion, support and appreciation opportunities over the working week, to support us all in the hard work we deliver.
I invite you to contact me (Sarah Collins) to find out more about this exciting role and to find out more about the team and our work.
For further details / informal visits contact:
Name Sarah Collins
Job title Clinical Team Manager
Email address firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone number 07876397748
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.