The Killamarsh and North East Chesterfield Adult CMHT is looking for an enthusiastic, Band 5, Registered Occupational Therapist to join the friendly and supportive team based at Killamarsh Clinic.
The work will involve assessing and supporting adults with mental ill health who live within their local community. As such you will need to have the ability to travel across a the geographical area.
You will ideally need to have recent relevant experience of working with individuals with a range of mental illness, preferably in a community setting.
There is an expectation that you will be able to manage a diverse caseload, under the supervision of our Band 6 Occupational Therapist.
You will play a pivotal role in collaborative working, alongside our partner agencies, including the voluntary sector.
The teams work in a multi-disciplinary way and as such, Occupational Therapy is integral to this process.
The team is friendly, motivated and dynamic.
You will be encouraged to continue your professional development with the help of regular supervision and access to training opportunities
Main duties of the job
You will need to show initiative, drive and ability to think creatively for solutions.
You will be responsible for providing OT assessments and interventions, both individually and in groups.
You will work closely with the nursing and medical team, to provide a therapeutic programme that supports the use of activity and recovery.
Occupational Therapists are recognised as essential core members of the multi-disciplinary team, and are in the forefront of developing recovery and therapeutic interventions. DHCFT can offer both personal and clinical development opportunities, in addition to regular professional and clinical supervision, personal development plans, and support for continual professional development activities.
Join 'Team Derbyshire Healthcare' and become part of a talented, compassionate and enthusiastic workforce committed to a vision of 'making a positive difference in people's lives'.
CQC rated us as 'GOOD' overall, commenting on how our colleagues treated patients with compassion and kindness and felt positive and proud about working for the trust.
Job description Job responsibilities Please see the attached Job Description and Person Specification. To apply, please click APPLY FOR THIS JOB - this link will take you to the TRAC Recruitment Site. You will need to register if you do not already have an account
Person Specification Attainement/Qualifications Essential
- Registered Occupational Therapist
- Degree / Diploma in Occupational Therapy
- oPost-graduate training relevant to specialist area
- oAPPLE accreditation
- oMembership of OT professional body and / or special interest group
- oAbility to apply core OT skills in a mental health setting, ncluding carrying out occupational assessments and setting occupational goals.
- oGroup work skills
- Ability to work autonomously and set own priorities
- oSkills in applying evidence based practice
Knowledge and Experience Essential
- oExperience of working with people who have severe and enduring needs
- oUnderstanding of OT Professional Code of Conduct and OT core skills, and their application in practice
- oKnowledge of legislation relevant to Mental Health and Specialist practice where appropriate
- oEvidence of service user and carer involvement activity
- Respectful and build Trust
- Be responsive, listen and positive
- Value & support other people
- Engage and Encourage
- Value learning and innovation
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.