**THE JOB DESCRIPTION FOR THIS POST IS PENDING ROYAL COLLEGE APPROVAL**
EPUT is looking to appoint an enthusiastic consultant to join our Tendring Specialist Community Mental Health team based at Reunion House, Clacton-on-Sea who will provide community services for patient referred to the secondary mental health by GP surgeries within the Neighbourhood teams in Clacton and Harwich. The team serves an adult population of around 78000. There are 2.5 consultants who jointly support the team dividing the catchment via GP practices. The post holder would be part of the senior management team of the team and be integral in developing and improving the service.
Main duties of the job
The post-holder will require to have AC status to be able to provide RC inputs into the cases who could be on CTO or are on MoJ orders.
The post-holder is required to work independently and accountably as part of a team of clinicians offering Mental Health services. Working collaboratively with key partner organisations, service users, carers, clinicians and other practitioners within the multi-disciplinary team in delivering services; providing a 7 day a week, 24 hours a day service for 365 days a year.
You must have full GMC registration and be on the Specialist Register, with an appropriate CCT or equivalent or be within six months of obtaining your CCT on the date of the AAC.
To be the leading health and wellbeing service in the provision of mental health and community care.
We care for people every day. What we do together, matters.
Our strategic objectives
We will deliver safe, high quality integrated care services.
We will enable each other to be the best that we can.
We will work together with our partners to make our services better.
We will help our communities to thrive.
If you share that vision and want to make a difference to the people that use our services, then please contact us to find out more.
EPUT are looking for motivated staff who shares our Trust values of Open, Compassionate and Empowering. In return, EPUT can offer you a range of benefits and development including;
- Season Ticket Loan
- NHS discounts for staff
- Excellent Training facilities and opportunities
- Buying and Selling annual leave scheme
- The opportunity to work bank shifts and expand knowledge and experience in other areas
- Salary Sacrifice schemes including lease cars and Cycle to Work
Job description Job responsibilities
- Attend twice weekly MDT meetings to discuss and support ongoing care of patients.
- Provide regular clinics to review patients via CPA process.
- Provide flexible emergency medical support for the teams patients.
- Support patients under the MHA and the processes required under the MHA.
- Support clinically and supervise your training doctor.
- Work collaboratively with Primary Care.
- Liaise with other services within the organization and outside of the organization to optimize the care of your patients.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Registration with the General Medical Council and on the Specialist Register.
- CCT, CESR or within 6 months of expected CCT date
- Meets Royal College of Psychiatrists criteria for appointment to the post of Consultant
- Postgraduate degree in psychiatry MRC Psych or equivalent
Knowledge and experience Essential
- Basic specialist training and 3 years higher or equivalent professional training
- Experience of clinical research methods with published research
- Experience in organising educational activities
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.