This is an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated and enthusiastic Arts Therapist ( Music, Drama or Dance Movement) to join the East London NHS Trust Forensic Service. We are looking for someone who has excellent communication skills, who is able to work within an emotionally demanding environment to deliver high quality and effective arts therapy provision on a specialist LD/ASD inpatient ward. We need someone who can work with a high degree of autonomy, who can use initiative in making decisions, and who also works well within a multi-disciplinary team. An ability to demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of managing risk and relational security when working with this client group is essential.
East London NHS Trust forensic services provide care and support to help service users move safely towards discharge and reduce length of stay in secure care; and enhanced support in the community, promoting sustained recovery and quality of life and reducing recalls to hospital. The service model places a strong emphasis on multidisciplinary work and service user involvement, and co-production. The model stresses the importance of working across the care pathway from inpatient to community, and there is an emphasis on building relationships and partnerships to work collaboratively to address the needs of our diverse population.
Main duties of the job
As a registered Allied Health professional, reporting to the Lead Arts therapist in your directorate, you will develop and provide specialist Arts Therapy individually and in groups using your own arts therapy modality (Art, Music, Drama or Dance Movement) and line manage and clinically supervise junior members of staff. As part of the ELFT Trust wide Arts Therapies you will work as an integrated and collaborative team member upholding the Trust values, 'We Care, We Respect, We are Inclusive' and maintaining a holistic approach to promote effective functioning of the team and patient-centred care of service users.
Aimee Parker with telephone no 0208 510 2139
Our mission is to make a positive difference to people's lives by improving the quality of life for all we serve. Our values are: We Care, We Respect, We are Inclusive - so we are looking for people who live and breathe these qualities when supporting service users and carers, and in their relationships with colleagues in the Trust and our partner organisations.
Job description Job responsibilities
Kindly refer to the job description and person specification that is attached to the vacancy profile.
Person Specification Education/ Qualification/ Training Essential
- oDegree in relevant area
- oMA ( or equivalent) in post title Arts Therapies modality
- oFor Art Therapist/Psychotherapist, Music Therapist and Dramatherapist : registration with HCPC
- oFor Dance Movement Psychotherapists: registration with ADMP UK
- oMembership of Arts Therapies professional Body
- oClinical Supervision Training
- oPost qualification experience as an Arts Therapist working with this client group in both group and individual work.
- oWorking with service users with challenging and/or unpredictable behavior.
- oClinical supervision of a trainee Arts Therapist
- oAssessing Service Users and making recommendations to a Multi-disciplinary team
- oProviding Arts Therapy teaching/training to a variety of audiences.
- oWorking as an Arts Therapist in a Multi-Disciplinary team
Knowledge and Skills Essential
- oExcellent written and verbal communication skills.
- oDeveloped interpersonal skills enabling therapeutic alliances to be developed and maintained.
- oAbility to adapt and use a range of specialist skills in skills in individual and group based arts therapies assessments and interventions.
- oAbility to treat service users with respect and dignity at all times using a culturally competent holistic approach
- oAbility to work both independently and as part of MDT.
- oAbility to assess and manage frequent distressing clinical interactions with clients who have serious mental health problems.
- oAbility to assess and manage exposure to potential hazards including frequent verbal aggression and risk of physical aggression while maintaining own, client and general public safety.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.