We are excited to invite applications for a Specialist Psychiatrist to join the Assessment and Treatment Service in Worthing. This is a dynamic community team providing mental health care to people in the local area.
Main duties of the job
The post holder will provide senior medical input for the team. They will assess and formulate treatment plans for new patients, follow up patients on their recovery journey and support more junior medical colleagues.
At Sussex Partnership we are committed to providing opportunities forflexible working
. If you would like to work differently or different hours to as advertised, please get in touch to discuss this in more detail.
If you haven't thought about living inWest Sussex
before then you should consider the following:
To protect the health and safety of our staff/workers, patients, and those attending our sites, we encourage our workforce to get fully vaccinated against COVID.
- Journey from the coast to the countryside in minutes
- Enjoy a lifestyle where there are renowned cycle routes and picturesque walks, including the famous South Downs Way in the South Downs National Park!
- Embrace taking time to discover all the miles of scenic coastline, including West Wittering beach and Selsey.
- Easy access to airports - Gatwick and Heathrow are both within 90 minutes of the county, providing links to Europe and beyond
- Brighton and Hove or London are within easy reach via local and national bus routes and national mainline stations
Job description Job responsibilities
We are seeking a Specialist Psychiatrist to complete the medical establishment of Worthing ATS. The post holder will be expected to provide senior medical input for the team.
There is only so much we can say to you in an advert, so would love to speak to you about this role in more detail. Please see attached Job Description and Person Specification for full details.
Person Specification Essential/Desirable Essential
- Fully registered with the GMC with a licence to practise at the time of appointment.
- Completed a minimum of 12 years' medical work (either continuous period or in aggregate) since obtaining a primary medical qualification
- A minimum of six years should have been in a relevant specialty in the Specialty Doctor and/or closed SAS grades. Equivalent years' experience in a relevant specialty from other medical grades including from overseas will also be accepted.
- To be section 12(2) MHA 1983 approved (or achieve within 6 months of appointment), if not have Approved Clinician (AC) status/approval and be on the AC register.
- Manages the difficulties of dealing with complexity and uncertainty in the care of patients; employing expertise and clinical decision-making skills of a senior and independent/ autonomous practitioner.
- Awareness of their leadership responsibilities as a clinician and demonstrates appropriate leadership behaviour; managing situations that are unfamiliar, complex or unpredictable and seeking to build collaboration with, and confidence in, others.
- Keeps up-to-date with current research and best practice in the individual's specific area of practice, through appropriate continuing professional development activities and their own independent study and reflection.
- In good standing with GMC with respect to warning and conditions on practice
- Wide range of specialist and sub-specialist experience relevant to post within NHS or comparable service
- Leads new practice and service redesign in response to feedback, evaluation and need, promoting best practice.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.