Band 5- Staff Nurse
Would you like to work in a caring friendly environment and make a difference to people's lives?
Are you a registered Mental Health Nurse looking for a challenge? If so we have a fantastic opportunity for you.
An exciting opportunity has now arisen and we are in the position to recruit a Staff Nurse to work within our PICU ward at The Linden Centre.
Main duties of the job
If successful you will be involved with a wide multi-disciplinary team caring foradults. It is essential that you are interested in and excited at the opportunity to work with adult people, but training will be provided. You will care for your patients holistically, and work in a Multi- disciplinary setting . You will be able to adapt quickly to changing situations and provide high quality care to your patients.
About us EPUT are looking for motivated staff who shares our Trust values of Open, Compassionate and Empowering. In return, EPUT can offer you a range of benefits and development including;
- Season Ticket Loans
- NHS discounts for staff
- Excellent Training facilities and opportunities
- Buying and Selling annual leave scheme
- The opportunity to work bank shifts and expand knowledge and experience in other areas
- Salary Sacrifice schemes including lease cars and Cycle to Work
- Day One Flexible Employer, the Trust supports and actively encourages flexible working for all employees. We offer many options and you are encouraged to ask the recruiting manager what is possible for this role. If appointed, you will have theopportunity for a flexible working request from the first day of your employment.
Join our Staff bank
What is Staff Bank?
Our EPUT NHS staff bank is an entity managed by the trust that hires clinical and non-clinical healthcare professionals to take on shifts at our trust hospitals and community settings. Here at EPUT we maintain our own bank of specialist staff to ensure that we are able offer safe and effective care at all times.
All our permanent staff are automatically enrolled onto the staff bank however this does not mean you have to work any additional shifts, but the option is there for you if you wish.
If you are joining our Trust in a fixed term role, please indicate on your New Starter Paperwork that you wish to join our staff bank.
Job description Job responsibilities
- To work independently and accountably as part of a team of clinicians offering 24 hr mental health access and information in the locality of the Trust. The service will be 7 days a week, 24 hours a day for 365 days a year working shifts in an in-patient setting.
- To act as a role model to HCAs, supervising to ensure high quality care is given.
- Work collaboratively with key partner organisations, service users, clinicians and other practitioners within the multi-disciplinary team.
- To deliver high quality, effective operational service to people with urgent mental health needs in the Central locality, in accordance with the principles and objective of the Trust and its vision as identified in the service. The job requires the post holder to work flexibly and undertake a change in role at short notice.
- To work collaboratively with others within the new organization to provide an exemplary level of care to service users and their carers.
Person Specification Education/Qualifications Essential
- Registration Mental Health Nurse RMN Part 3
- Meet the requirements for revalidation as set out by the NMC
- Good standard of written and spoken English
- Knowledge and understanding of health legislation, principles of CPA and Care Management, Mental Capacity Act, Mental Health Act 1983 and safeguarding, the NHS Constitution, and risk assessment / management
- Understanding of / and the ability to conduct assessments and review of care in line with the requirements of the mental health care clusters
- The ability to devise comprehensive care plans that incorporate effective, individualised and evidence-based therapy interventions
- Literate in IT/Computer Skills
- Team working skills
- Able to formally supervise junior colleagues
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.