Looking for job satisfaction? Do you like to help people? We may have just the job for you.... Due to maternity leave we are looking for an Employment Specialist to work in Derby City with 3 colleagues until April 2023. Offering free parking, full training and the chance to work for the NHS with all of the benefits that brings.
Working to the Individual Placement and Support (IPS) model you will be dynamic and highly motivated, with excellent communication skills that enables you to work and engage effectively with a wide range of agencies and employers, clients and sometimes their families.
You will be working with people who have a severe mental illness and support them into competitive employment and then enabling them to retain that employment.
You will meet with clients in the city and surrounding area and you will be required to travel around the area to meet clients and employers. Therefore, you will need access to your own vehicle. The post will be embedded within our community mental health team and you will work as part of a Trust-wide employment team.
Main duties of the job
Your caseload of up to 20 people will be referred to you by clinical staff from the Community Mental Health Teams on a voluntary basis and will be referred via our electronic patient system.
You will attend the weekly CMHT and IPS teams meeting to introduce yourself and give positive feedback about the success of the service in the other areas to increase referral numbers.
Each person will have different needs and you must have excellent interpersonal skills to actively engage them, build trust and have an understanding of the impact of what being out of work for a long time does to a person. Meeting them in the community means you will mainly work quite autonomously and be able to organise your own diary.
Join 'Team Derbyshire Healthcare' and become part of a talented, compassionate and enthusiastic workforce committed to a vision of 'making a positive difference in people's lives'.
CQC rated us as 'GOOD' overall, commenting on how our colleagues treated patients with compassion and kindness and felt positive and proud about working for the trust.
- Commitment to flexible working where this is possible
- 27 days annual leave/year plus bank holidays, increasing to 29 days after 5 years & 33 days after 10 years' service pro rata for part time
- Yearly appraisal and commitment to ongoing training
- Generous NHS pension scheme
- Good maternity, paternity and adoption benefits
- Health service discounts and online benefits
- Incremental pay progression
- Free confidential employee assistance programme 24/7
- Access to our LGBT+ network, BAME Network and Christian Network
- Health and wellbeing opportunities
- Structured learning and development opportunities
Job description Job responsibilities
Please see attached Job Description and Person Specification. To apply, please click ON APPLY FOR THIS JOB - this link will take you to the TRAC Recruitment Site, you will need to register if you do not already have an account.
As an Employment Specialist you will be looking for paid employment opportunities for clients who are currently involved with the working age adult community mental health services in Derbyshire Healthcare Trust (including our early intervention in psychosis services).
This will involve developing opportunities with local employers and supporting them, as well as the client, to ensure the right person is in the right job.
You will support clients with confidence building, overcoming barriers to work, route planning, lifestyle advice, job searching, completing CVs, application forms, interview preparation, goal setting, setting up email accounts, benefits advice, in work etiquette as well as supporting the person once they are in work.
Working with our clients, you will liaise and signpost to a range of employment opportunities within the local area, to include Job Centre Plus and job carving with local employers.
Developing your knowledge and networks of employment-related support services and inclusive employers within the local area is essential to this role.
The successful applicants will establish ongoing monitoring and support systems for clients once employment is secured.
This will include review of work placements to ensure that this is meeting both clients and employers needs.
This will also include offering support to employers and clients with any problems that may arise, and promoting disability awareness among employers to ensure a positive integration of our clients into the workforce.
Innovation, determination and ability to influence assertively are key to the success of this role.
You will apply consistently high standards, have knowledge of relevant legislation and be willing to attend training as required.
The successful candidates need to demonstrate a strong commitment to employment and social inclusion, business engagement, be IT literate as well as achieve realistic targets.
Supervision and support will be offered on a regular basis with ongoing training and development opportunities relevant to the post.
You will complete your own admin, including initial and ongoing assessment, health questionnaires, consent forms, typing of CVs and cover letters and anything else a client may need.
Need more information? Visit Home - IPS Grow
Need an informal chat? Please call me:
Name: Samantha Parr
Job title: IPS Service Manager
Email address: email@example.com
Telephone number: 07919 291368
Person Specification Qualification /experience Essential
- IPS training
- Experience of working in supported employment
- Motivational interviewing training
- Experience of writing a successful CV
- Experience of engaging in a multi disciplinary service
- Experience of supporting people with mental health problems into supported employment
- Knowledge and examples of IPS
- Experience of working with people with mental health problems implementing individual programmes and interventions
- Working with employers
- Knowledge of disability related benefits
- Experience of collecting outcome data
- Enthusiasm & understanding towards supporting people with mental health problems find employment
- An understanding of the benefits of work to Recovery for mental health
- Overcome challenges, to engage service users, to find paid employment
- Experience of delivering training
team working Essential
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Negotiating & promotional skills
- Experience of working with employers
- Experience of working to targets
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.