An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and experienced Physiotherapist to join the West Integrated community therapy teams to assist with the management of the physiotherapy community waiting lists.
We are looking for a colleague who ideally has experience of working in the community and wishes to develop his/her rehabilitation skills whilst being part of a dynamic, progressive, integrated multidisciplinary team.
The Community Rehabilitation Teams are based at Bellair Health office (Penzance), Helston Community hospital and Camborne Redruth Hospital and you must be willing to support the teams whereever the need arises.
You will be responsible for the assessment, planning and implementation of patients' rehabilitation, identify problems and needs and set realistic patient led goals. For this post you need to be able to think quickly, problem solve and multi-task in a fast paced working environment.
Main duties of the job
The purpose of the post is:
- To provide a high standard physiotherapy service.
- To perform advanced assessments of patients including those with highly complex presentations, and from this formulating a diagnosis and treatment plan.
- To work within both the Inpatient and Community setting, working across multiple sites and the community according to service demands.
- Camborne Redruth Community Hospital, Redruth.
- Helston Community Hospital, Helston.
- West Cornwall Hospital, Penzance.
- Bellair Health Office, Penzance.
- Hayle Health Office, Hayle.
- This post may include infrequent flights to the IOS to offer domiciliary physiotherapy assessments.
- 7-day working could become an operational requirement of this post in the future.
We're an NHS community and mental health provider Trust based in Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly. We deliver community and hospital-based care to improve people's physical and mental health. We also provide specialist support to people with dementia or a learning disability.
We are a people organisation and people matter to us. As part of the team, you'll help support the health and wellbeing of the people who live and visit this beautiful part of the UK.
Over 4,000 people make up the Trust. This includes doctors, nurses, therapists, plus admin and support staff.
We work in people's homes, in community clinics and bases. Some staff work from one of our 13 community hospitals. Our aspiration is to have great people, provide great care, be a great place to work and a great partner.
Just over 532,000 people live here. A third of people who live in Cornwall are supported by acute hospital services in Devon. As a result, we also work closely with our partners in Devon. In the summer, and during other holidays lots of people choose to visit the area. This increases the numbers of people who use our services.
Job description Job responsibilities
To view a detailed job description and person specification including the main responsibilities of this role please see supporting documents.
Person Specification Experience Essential
- broad range of post graduate experience of medical, surgical, orthopaedic, neurology, respiratory, musculoskeletal rehabilitation work.
- HCPC registration
- Formal and informal post graduate training in the rehabilitation and management of complex and long term conditions
- Professional qualification - Physiotherapy
- Membership of Chartered Society of Physiotherapy
Skills and Aptitude Essential
- Advanced assessment skills
- computer literate
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.