An exciting opportunity has arisen for a highly motivated and enthusiastic Band 6 Occupational Therapist to join the East Riding Therapy Team. You will work as part of a Multi-disciplinary team to provide Occupational Therapist input to patients who require rehabilitation in active recovery beds and in the community within Driffield and Bridlington and neighbouring areas.
The role involves undertaking Occupational therapy assessments for patients which require both intermediate care and community rehabilitation. The Occupational therapist will support individuals to achieve their goals within intermediate care active recovery beds and in community settings and therefore ability to commute efficiently across the service area is essential.
You will be supported by a well-established and very experienced Multidisciplinary team and will receive supervision and support from the Advanced Occupational Therapist. The role will also involve supervision of other team members.
Main duties of the job
The successful candidate will be working in an exciting and forward thinking organisation that holds service and excellence at the heart of its values, and supports creativity and innovation in the workplace. The organisation provides excellent CPD opportunities for staff, and your therapy team will be supporting you to develop your clinical skills. Where relevant, you may have the opportunity to work in other areas also.
This role will require a contribution towards a 7 day working pattern, including weekends, bank holidays and a late rota until 8pm. For more details or an informal visit please contact Clinical Lead OT Katie Husband on 07702975395.
At CHCP, we're passionate aboutpeople
and we know that you are too, that's why we're here isn't it? We recognise that high quality care is delivered by high quality professionals who are appreciated, respected and supported, which is why we want to give all our colleagues the chance to shine.
Work with us and you'll be more than just a number. Our people are our shareholders and their thoughts and opinions are always heard;at CHCP you have a real voice.
Compassion is at the heart of our business; we're a team of nearly 2,500 colleagues who work together to deliverfirst-class healthcare
to thousands of people living in Hull, the East Riding, Knowsley and St Helens. Local diversity demands diverse roles, that's why we have vacancies to suit everybody. No matter your role at CHCP, we'll support you to thrive.
As the 13thlargest social enterprise in the UK, we're pioneering the move towards independent service delivery. Join us on our journey and help us make history.
Job description Job responsibilities
Please see the job description and person specification attached to this advert for full details on the vacancy.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Current HPC professional registration
- Degree / diploma on Physiotherapy or Occupational therapy
- Post Graduate Diploma in relevant specialist area or Professional qualification to Degree level supplemented by specialist accredited training and experience in specialist field(s) equivalent to post graduate diploma level
- To be on the live register of mentors (if required by the professional body)
- Leadership qualification/equivalent experience if required
- Teaching qualification or equivalent presentation skills/training experience
- Behaviour changing qualification
- If appropriate dysphagia training
- Full understanding of relevant policy, legislation and guidance relevant to clinical and service area
- Full understanding/application of relevant clinical practice/standards/audit within identified clinical area
- Specialist understanding of relevant clinical practice, standards and protocols within identified clinical area
- Evidence of undertaking audits/surveys
- Basic IT skills
- Member of specialist interest group/network, locally or regionally
- Develop to advanced/expert understanding of relevant clinical practice, standards and protocols within identified clinical area
- Evidence of sound post-registration professional practice
- Evidence of continuing professional development (CPD) relevant to the clinical area at a specialist level of care
- Experience of multi-agency/professional working
- Experience of case load management within specialist service area
- Evidence of promoting/supporting active patient/relative involvement/participation
- Experience of complex case load management within specialist service area
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.