Would you like to be part of something Outstanding? *We are offering a generous relocation package for this role* We are seeking an experienced and dedicatedConsultant Psychiatrist to join our Home Treatment Team for CAMHS.
This is a hugely exciting time for the Trust having recently achieved anOUTSTANDING CQC RATING
and being one of just five mental health and learning disabilities NHS trusts in England to hold an outstanding rating. Who we're looking for
We are looking for medical professionals who want to work in collaboration with our service users, carers and colleagues to provide the very best treatment and care. Professionals who want to develop and consolidate their clinical skills and competencies whilst working in a Trust with a patient-centred ethos and a strong commitment to the delivery of high quality education and training.
Main duties of the job
HPFT are seeking an experienced and dedicated Consultant Psychiatrist to join our Home Treatment Team (CAMHS) based in Kingsley green.
The post holder will work alongside the peer colleague substantive consultant psychiatrist in the Home Treatment Team (3PA) and a multi-disciplinary team comprising band 7 and 8 social workers, clinical psychologists and systemic therapists, a child and adolescent psychotherapist and two clinical nurse specialists supported by a band 5 HCA.
You must ensure the relevant professional registration is maintained, including Section 12, Approved Clinician, and Responsible Clinician status.
**Please note due to COVID related delays the Job Description is pending approval by the Royal College of Psychiatry. Once approved the final Job Description will be shared with shortlisted candidates**
About us Here's what we have to offer you
- Mentoring support for new Consultants
- Access to Leadership, Teaching, Education and Research opportunities
- Access to a large peer group of enthusiastic and high-calibre Consultants
- Study leave of 30 days over 3 years
- Study leave budget of £800 per person per annum
- A strong ethos on Learning and Development
- Innovative patient electronic record system (PARIS)/ Admin and IT equipment/ software to improve work experience (4G enabled laptop provided upon starting)
- Flexible working
- Excellent staff benefits
- Health and wellbeing support
- Actively working with Community Projects and Interventions
- Dedicated support to help become a future NHS Leader
- Developmental post - more time in job plans dedicated to SPA
- Generous Relocation Package of up to £7.5k* (subject to terms and conditions)
Our Health Hub helps improve staff health and wellbeing across the Trust - encouraging staff to step away from their work and think about their own health. This includes:
- Workshops, challenges and social events throughout the year
- Confidential and safe forums where staff can talk about the emotional impact of work
- An equality and diversity staff network providing support to all staff
- Mindfulness bite size taster session
- Mini health check
- Free, confidential counselling services 24/7
Job description Job responsibilities
Some duties include (but not exclusive to):
- Offer clinical leadership and work closely with the Senior Leadership Team in in enhancing the collaboration with other agencies in health and social care relevant for the clinical and quality outcomes.
- To provide psychiatric assessment, diagnosis and treatment to the allocated young people and work jointly with the MDT members in completing the clinical formulation and monitoring the risks a young person poses.
- Supporting the MDT to provide assessments and appropriate treatment for all patients.
- Working with the MDT in developing effective and novel treatment approaches.
- Working in partnership with young people, parents and carers to develop evidence-based, effective and agreed care plans
Person Specification Professional Qualifications Essential
- MB BS or equivalent medical qualification
- MRCPsych or equivalent
- Certificate of completion of relevant Specialist Training (or within 6 months)
Experience, Skills & Knowledge Essential
- Section 12 Approval / Approved Clinician Status (Candidates from abroad can apply for this within 3 months of taking up post)
- Broad range of experience in psychiatric practice and in the use of psychological therapies.
- Experience and competencies in assessing, and treating children and adolescents with complex mental health needs and their families. It is expected a high level skills in liaison with and consultancy to multiagency settings.
- Willingness and ability to work with others to achieve shared goals.
- Previous experience of working in a child and adolescent service.
- Experience of working in a multi-disciplinary team
- Ability to demonstrate experience and knowledge of Safeguarding in child and adolescent mental health
- Formal training in management and administration
- Participated in research and published papers and original work in peer-reviewed journals.
- Experience in Organising Educational activities
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.