Base: Alfred Barrow Health, Barrow-in-Furness and Kinta Annex, Kendal Qualifications:
- First level qualification, RMN or equivalent such as CQSW or occupational therapy.
- Current BABCP Accreditation as a Cognitive Behavioural Therapist.
With opportunities to attend EMDR and Trauma informed CBT training.
This is an exciting opportunity to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team within the South Cumbria CAMHS Team. To participate in the delivery of high quality service provision that promotes and improves the mental health and well-being of children and young people, their families and carers.
Working within a systemic and holistic framework you will undertake needs led, evidence based, highly skilled assessments and therapeutic interventions to children and young people, their families and carers, who present to the service, including as a result of deliberate self-harm.
Main duties of the job
You will need to be a qualified CBT therapist. The successful candidate will be enthusiastic, self-motivating, have the ability to case manage and will display excellent interpersonal and communication skills in order to establish good working relationships essential to the success of the service.
A means of transport is essential and applicants must be willing to undergo an enhanced DBS check. Hours: 37.5 hrs. Clinic hours currently Monday -Friday, 9.00am - 5.00pm however weekend, bank holidays, unsocial hours may be required in any future service redevelopments.
Lancashire & South Cumbria NHS Foundation Trust provides a range of services including secondary mental health care across this area. Specialist provision comprises inpatient child and adolescent mental health services, perinatal mental health and forensic services including low and medium secure care.
The Trust also provides a range of physical health and well-being services in the community alongside a range of partners in the Lancashire, Cumbria and Sefton area.
Lancashire & South Cumbria Foundation Trust encourages flexible working, we believe that a positive work/life balance benefits NHS employees through improved health and wellbeing. We would consider working patterns such as; term time, part time, compressed hours, flexi-time and career breaks. We encourage applicants to state clearly on their application forms this request and discuss these options at interview.
For more information please visit our website via Lancashire & South Cumbria NHS FT
Job description Job responsibilities
Please see attached the job description and person specification for more information about this role
Person Specification Knowledge Essential
- Knowledge in relation to Cognitive Behaviour Therapy theory and practice to post-graduate level.
- Well-developed skills in the ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, complex, highly technical and/or clinically sensitive information to clients, their families, carers and other professional colleagues both within and outside the NHS.
- Knowledge of the IAPT model.
- Formally recognised Cognitive Behaviour Therapy to post graduate diploma level AND Professional qualification in health or social care, e.g. RMN or Social Worker. OR BABCP practitioner accreditation Trained/willing to train in provision of supervision for CBT
- Experience of delivering specialist Cognitive Behaviour Therapy assessment and treatment of clients in Child and Adolescent Mental Health.
- Experience of working with a wide variety of clients with presentations of anxiety and depression, including maintaining a high degree of professionalism in the face of highly emotive and distressing problems, verbal abuse and the threat of physical abuse.
- Experience of promoting well being and social inclusion
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.