Team Manager - Band 7 Full time, permanent role
Team Manager required for Arden Memory Assessment and Community Dementia Team based in Coventry . Please note many Trust interviews are currently taking place through Microsoft Teams, this can be downloaded either through the App Store or Google Play for use on your phone/tablet.
Main duties of the job PLEASE SEE ATTACHED DOCUMENT FOR FULL DETAILS
To be responsible for the leadership and management of the Community Dementia Team in Coventry Warwickshire. It is a fully integrated team of health and social care staff from the NHS Trust (CWPT) and the Local Authority (Coventry city Council). Council staff are seconded to the NHS Trust under a Section 75 agreement.
The team is responsible for providing assessments to those referred with cognitive difficulties. Based on identified need, monitoring, health, and care and support services are offered to those diagnosed with dementia and organic health conditions. The service objective is to enable service users to live safely and well at home for as long as possible, to maximise their potential for independent living and to promote their full inclusion in the community.
To manage the key functions of the Community Dementia Team, including the Memory Assessment Service.
The service received an overall rating of Good by the CQC and an Outstanding for care and compassion of which we are rightly proud. We have also been recognised both locally and nationally by receiving awards for the services we provide.
Coventry and Warwickshire Partnership Trust provides a full range of expanding physical, mental health and learning disability services to children, young adults, adults and older adults over many sites across Coventry, Warwickshire and Solihull.
Services are provided to a population of over one million people living in Coventry and Warwickshire and also a wider geographical area in some of our specialist services, we see on average around 5,000 patients every day.
Job description Job responsibilities For more information on this role please see the attached support information. This will give you a better overview of the job role and requirements.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Relevant Professional Qualification i.e RMN, DipCOT
- Current unrestricted registration with HCPC/NMC
- Specialist expertise across a range of procedures
- Professional knowledge acquired through degree/diploma
- Specialist managerial training
- Evidence of continuing professional development
Knowledge and skills Essential
- Excellent written communication skills
- Ability to demonstrate and apply in depth understanding of policies, procedures and legal frame works
- Ability to demonstrate and apply understanding of Equal Opportunities
- Ability to demonstrate and apply understanding of confidentiality
- Ability to demonstrate and apply in depth understanding of safety issues
- Ability to demonstrate and apply problem solving skills to a variety of situations
- Substantial experience in a Community Mental health care setting
- Highly developed specialist knowledge gained within a similar environment over a significant period of time
- Significant experience of risk assessment and positive risk management
- Proven experience of managing a multi-disciplinary team
- Special requirements attached to the post - e.g. travelling, working in an agile manner, working unsocial hours, mobility etc
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.