We are looking for a Band 6 Neuro Physiotherapist, full time or part time. This is a countywide role, based at either the Princess of Wales Hospital, Bromsgrove, or Evesham Community Hospital. You will treat neurological patients at home or in out-patients, providing therapy to enable patients to achieve maximum independence and optimal symptom management. You will work with a varied caseload including MS, PD, MND, stroke etc.
You will be part of an MDT working with OTs and Rehab Assistants, as well as having the opportunity to work with a specialist SLT, neuropsychologist and specialist nurses. You will have 1:1 supervision, bi-monthly psychology reflections and service wide training, as well as profession specific training. We are an evolving service that encourages innovation and service development. If you would like to discuss informally if this is the right role for you, get in touch with the Recruiting Manager which can be found on the top right-hand side of the advert.
Main duties of the job
- Community based and out-patient rehabilitation for neurological patients; goal orientated, person-centred care.
- Managing the changing presentation of patients with a neurodegenerative condition, to ensure maximum quality of life is maintained at each stage of their condition journey.
- Caseload management with other members of the therapy team.
- Referral triaging for the neurology single point of access.
- Service development in line with objectives from your appraisal and service need.
- MDT meetings within our service and wider team meetings e.g., with local hospices, MND team meetings.
- Delegating work to Rehabilitation Assistants and reviewing this regularly.
- Supervision of Rehabilitation Assistants and Students.
- Providing training for patients, carers and team members, on patient specific issues and to increase the knowledge of the team.
- Joint working with specialist nurses
We are community hospitals, neighbourhood teams and community nursing services across Worcestershire and the provider of Mental Health and Learning Disability services across both Herefordshire and Worcestershire. We work in partnership with other organisations to keep our community well at home for as long as possible.
We provide services for people of all ages, across a range of settings, experiencing both physical and/or mental health conditions.
We have an open and supportive culture, recognised by the CQC and other external regulators. We want you to thrive, offering you every opportunity to develop. We will support you; help you fulfil your ambitions with a varied and flexible training programme; and empower you to make positive changes within your team or service. We endeavour to offer an attractive work-life balance, with flexibility in our approach to help you get the most out of your career.
We provide our staff with direct access to a wealth of resources to support their wellbeing, from our Staff Mental Health and Wellbeing Hub, to wellbeing festivals or access to free online exercise classes.
At the core of our values, we are committed to equality, diversity, inclusion and human rights. We take every opportunity to strengthen our approach to equality and diversity in delivering best patient care and the employment of our staff.
We would encourage you to visit the Trusts Recruitment Microsite, click the Employer Website link.
Job description Job responsibilities
For full details of the duties and criteria for the role please refer to the job description and person specification attached.
Person Specification Skills & Abilities Essential
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in English in both verbal and written formats
- Specialist clinical skills for appropriate patient management
- Diploma/Degree in physiotherapy
- Health and Care Professions Council registration
- Relevant post-graduate neurology courses
- Evidence of relevant CPD
- Member of CSP
- Post Graduate qualifications
Additional Criteria Essential
- Able to meet the travel requirements of the role
- Minimum of 2 years post registration experience
- Evidence of experience in relevant field
- Supervision and development of staff and students
- Excellent knowledge of the clinical neuro speciality
- Sound knowledge of NHS and professional issues and an understanding of clinical governance
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.