We are looking for an enthusiastic, skilled and competent mental health nurse to work within our CMHT for Older People.
We provide high quality care for people with severe and enduring mental health needs by working actively in partnership with our service users, their carers, the Local Authority, other statutory services and local voluntary groups.
Candidates will have a specialist interest in the care for older people and demonstrate an understanding of supporting individuals and families through the integrated (Heath and Social Care) model of care.
The successful candidate will work collaboratively with a caseload of service users, their family members and carers to develop recovery focused care and support plans that promote and enable independence, reduce social exclusion and isolation and maintain their quality of life.
You will join a motivated, friendly and supportive multi-disciplinary team who continue to make a make a positive difference for our local community.
An informal conversation with the recruiting manager is strongly encouraged.
Main duties of the job
To be an active member of the multi-disciplinary team providing assessment, care and
support to older people presenting with mental health issues and / or cognitive impairment within the borough of Tower Hamlets.
To conduct comprehensive and high quality holistic Health and Social Care (Care Act 2014) assessments.
To act as a care co-ordinator for a caseload of service users and develop, implement and review
individualised recovery focused care and support plans and commissioned packages of care.
To conduct carers assessments and offer support and advice to carers and
To promote the needs of service users and offer and provide
training and education accordingly.
To act as a duty officer in line with the service duty rota, responding to emergencies and processing referrals.
To assist the Senior Practitioners and the Operational Lead in the management of the service and deputies in their absence, where appropriate.
Our mission is to make a positive difference to people's lives by improving the quality of life for all we serve. Our values are: We Care, We Respect, We are Inclusive - so we are looking for people who live and breathe these qualities when supporting service users and carers, and in their relationships with colleagues in the Trust and our partner organisations.
Job description Job responsibilities
Kindly refer to the job description and person specification that is attached to the vacancy profile.
Person Specification Education/ Qualification/ Training Essential
- oRegistered Mental Health Nurse.
- oEvidence of continual professional Development
- oTrained Adult Safeguarding Enquiry officer or willing to undertake Enquiry Officer training.
- oExperience in a relevant field in Mental Health.
- oExperience of hospital or community caseload management.
- oExperience in working with a diverse community in a complex environment.
- oExperience of working as part of a multi-Professional or multi agency team
- oExperience of conducting holistic psycho-social assessments and providing comprehensive care and support plans based on individual need.
- oUnderstanding of the Mental Health Act 1983 and how the act is used in practice
- oUnderstanding of the Mental Capacity Act (2005) and how the act is used to support service users and carers / relatives.
- oKnowledge and understanding of the Care Act 2014 and how the is Act implemented within care provision.
- oUnderstanding of the principles of CPA and the Recovery Model.
- oUp to date knowledge of the current approaches to mental health nursing.
- oUp to date knowledge of the issues that impact individuals and carers affected by mental health and or cognitive impairment.
- oAbility to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- oAbility to prioritise workload.
- oExcellent time management skills
- oAbility to work autonomously and independently.
- oAbility to be innovative in practice. Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.