Community Psychiatric Nurse/Social Worker
We are excited to announce a number of fantastic job opportunities for highly skilled, enthusiastic and dynamic mental health practitioners within East London NHS Foundation Trust (City and Hackney, Newham, Tower Hamlets, Luton and Bedfordshire) Crisis Pathway Services.
We currently have a range of vacancies in our Home Treatment Teams.
In order to meet the ambitious targets outlined in the NHS Five Year Forward View and NHS Long Term Plan, crisis pathway mental health services have undergone a period of radical transformation facilitated by a series of additional investments. This includes the delivery of a 24/7 community-based crisis response service including intensive home treatment as an alternative to acute inpatient admissions.
Main duties of the job
Have experience in providing a high standard of clinical mental health care to service users across a range of health settings
Be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment alongside a multi-disciplinary team consisting of psychologists, pharmacist, psychiatrists, nurses, occupational therapists, social workers, Peer Support Workers and more!
Be able to work flexibly and dynamically in a transforming service, and;
Effectively work alongside individuals from diverse and often disadvantaged communities to collectively optimise outcomes
In return, you will receive:
Robust induction programme
Access to wide range of learning and development opportunities
A host of unique staff wellbeing initiatives including well developed Staff Networks
The opportunity to work in one of the most dynamic, exciting and diverse parts of the capital and across Luton and Bedfordshire
If you would like to be a part of this exciting, transformation journey, improving the experience of care delivered to the diverse communities of East London and Luton and Bedfordshire, wed love to hear from you! Apply today!
Our mission is to make a positive difference to people's lives by improving the quality of life for all we serve. Our values are: We Care, We Respect, We are Inclusive - so we are looking for people who live and breathe these qualities when supporting service users and carers, and in their relationships with colleagues in the Trust and our partner organisations.
Job description Job responsibilities
Kindly refer to the job description and person specification that is attached to the vacancy profile.
Person Specification Education/ Qualification/ Training Essential
- oRegistered Mental Health Nurse or Allied Health Professional
- oCurrent Professional Registration
- oENB 998 or equivalent
- oEvidence of continual professional development
- oCBT and/or brief intervention /solution focused therapy and /or motivational interviewing or willingness to undertake
- oRisk assessment and management training or willingness to undertake
- oRecognized post registration training
- oSubstantial post qualification experience in the field of mental health crisis
- oPrevious experience at working autonomously
- oExperience of working in a multidisciplinary mental health team
- oExperience of working in a multi-cultural environment and of ensuring that nursing practice is culturally sensitive
- oExtensive and demonstrable experience of assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating programmes of care
- oEssential and demonstrable experience of writing concise and clear clinical reports
- oExperience of contributing to the development of new services preferably in mental health
Knowledge and Skills Essential
- oDemonstrate well developed and confident professional assessment skills
- oDemonstrate skills in providing effective nursing leadership
- oDemonstrate skills in working in a rapidly changing environment
- oDemonstrate excellent interpersonal skills
- oDemonstrate an ability to make balanced clinical judgments and decisions
- oDemonstrate excellent communication skills incl. verbal, written and, electronic
- oDemonstrate an ability to work collaboratively and respectfully with colleagues from a range of different professional backgrounds and across professional and organisational boundaries
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.