- Are you someone looking for a career in one of the UK's most respected mental health and learning disability trusts?
- Would you like to be part of a dedicated team committed to making a difference to people’s lives to enjoy a better future?
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Registered Nurse in Learning Disabilities to join the Learning Disability Liaison Team based in Teignbridge.
The Learning Disability Liaison Nurse role exists to ensure that the needs of the person with a Learning Disability are met when they require support in Primary or Secondary Care. This involves communicating with and working in partnership with a range of clinicians and services working to change systems and educating where appropriate.
The successful candidate will focused on reducing health inequalities and improving health outcomes alongside the individual advising reasonable adjustments as necessary.
We are an established and experienced team that is constantly evolving to meet the needs of people with Learning Disabilities and aim to provide the highest level of quality of care and advice for those involved with our service.
Devon Partnership NHS Trust is growing as we establish ourselves us as one of the leading providers of mental health services in the country.
Working as part of Devon Partnership NHS Trust, you will make a difference to people’s lives from the moment you start.
£32,306 - £39,027 per annum pro rata (Band 6) – 37.5 Hours per week
We are looking for someone who is dynamic and engaging and would welcome applications from individuals who have a keen desire and motivation to innovate, improve and develop the services we provide for people with Learning Disabilities.
Your base will be in Teignbridge, however under the current COVID-19 conditions this may be subject to alternative arrangements/change for example home working. Please be assured that any alternatives will be discussed fully with you and the organisation. Please ask the appointing manager if you have any questions.
Join us at Devon Partnership NHS Trust and you’ll be joining an award-winning organisation that is passionate about mental health and learning disability. One that cares about the people it supports – and one that also cares about its staff.
You’ll be part of a team that is compassionate and supportive, and genuinely committed to working together with the people who use our services, their families and carers in everything that we say and do.
Our offer to you
We recognise our people want to learn and develop, becoming the best that they can be. We offer all our staff a range of training opportunities including a variety of in-house training programmes designed and delivered by experts, and opportunities to access external training where appropriate.
In addition to ongoing training and development opportunities, we are committed to providing an environment in which you can thrive.
Benefits of working at Devon Partnership NHS Trust include:
- Commitment to flexible working where this is possible
- 27 days of annual leave per year plus bank holidays, increasing to 29 days after 5 years and 33 days after 10 years’ service withtheNHS so you can really enjoy what Devon has to offer
- Individual personal development plans and a commitment to ongoing training
- Generous NHS pension scheme
- Good maternity, paternity and adoption benefits
- Health service discounts and online benefits
- Incremental pay progression
- Free confidential employee assistance programme 24/7
- Access to our staff networks
- Health and wellbeing opportunities
- Cycle to Work Scheme and reduced public transport rates
- Structured learning and development opportunities.
Devon offers beautiful coastal and countryside locations with a wide range of social & leisure opportunities. This ranges from some of the best beaches in the Country, The Moors, Canals and rivers all of which can be accessed easily via foot, car, bike or boat.
Great place to work. Great place to live
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.