We have excellent opportunities across our Health and Justice services to join our dynamic team where every day is different!
The healthcare team work closely with a range of professionals, inclusive of GPs, mental health/ substance misuse staff and prison officers, in addition to community services staff. Whilst at times challenging, this role is also very rewarding and varied. As part of the Health and Justice network within GMMH, there are additional opportunities for training and experiences available.
This is an exciting and rewarding position for a motivated individual with high standards of clinical care, we will be happy to support any training needs that are required.
We welcome applications from experienced nurses and from student nurses who are within 6 months of qualifying, as we offer preceptorship packages where required.
PLEASE NOTE: This role is eligible for a recruitment and retention payment of £1452 paid annually on top of the salary standard.
Main duties of the job
The successful applicants will:
- Assist in the overall delivery of care to patients within the Primary Care team.
- Be responsible for the assessment of care needs and the development, implementation and evaluation of programmes of care.
- Have a can- do attitude, be resilient and enthusiastic.
- Work effectively as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Be flexible in their approach to meeting the demands of the service as the Healthcare service operates 7 days a week, 24 hours a day
If you are a dynamic individual with a positive can do attitude who wants to make a difference and pursue a rewarding career we want to hear from you!
Greater Manchester Mental Health (GMMH) Foundation Trust employs over6,400
members of staff, who deliver services from more than160
We provide inpatient and community-based mental health care for people living in Bolton, the city of Manchester, Salford,Trafford and the borough of Wigan, and a wide range of specialist mental health and substance misuse services across Greater Manchester, the north west of England and beyond.
Greater Manchester is one of the world's most innovative, original and exciting places to live and work. From the beauty of the surrounding countryside to the heart of the vibrant inner city with great shopping, entertainment and dining options.
Wherever you go you will experience a great northern welcome with people famed for their warmth, humour and generosity.
Our people enjoy their work, have opportunities to learn and develop their skills and are encouraged to generate new ideas that improve care for our service users.
Job description Job responsibilities
- Respond to emergency calls, assess patients condition in an emergency situation and provide appropriate care and referral.
- Deliver effective, safe and high standards of care that it is within clinical competences.
- Assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of appropriate treatment and care
- Undertake screening procedures, e.g. health checks, communicable disease screening, chronic disease management etc.
- Assist the medical team with identification and management of chronic disease and long term conditions
- Comply with all relevant regulations and policies including clinical policies of GMMH and prison policies.
- Support the development of the prevention of communicable disease programmes, this includes vaccination programmes and sexual health testing and screening.
- Administer a range of medications to service users as prescribed in line with NMC guidelines.
- Recognize the positive effects, and side effects of prescribed drugs and drug interactions
- Actively engage in, and co-ordinate the discharge of the patient under the supervision of, in co-operation with other members of the multi-disciplinary team
- Ensure high standards of documentation are maintained, on all aspects of care, ensuring that records are contemporaneous
- Communicate appropriate information to patients relatives as agreed by the patient and the clinical team in line with Trust and Prison policies, and Caldicott guidelines
- Adhere to all security regulations within the prison
Person Specification Experience/Qualifications Essential
- Qualified R.G.N or a student in last year within 6 months of qualifying
- Works in a secure environment
Essential/ Desirable Desirable
- Experience of basic nursing duties/ Medication administration. Wound care
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.