The CAG Service Manager (Nurse Manager) will be responsible for the delivery of safe, effective and patient-centred services, directing staff to maintain high standards of professional conduct. They will work alongside the CAG Lead to develop and implement clinical care pathways; monitor the quality of clinical care, including safety, outcomes and patient feedback; and develop staff to strive for the delivery of excellence.
A key component of the role is to deliver training to multi-disciplinary staff in the relevant CAG and participate in the delivery of the Hospital wide Nurse Development Programme.
The reputation of Maudsley Health, MACANI and South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust should be upheld and be enhanced due to the contribution of the post holder.
As services are still relatively new and changing, a degree of flexibility and creativity will be required together with an appreciation of relevant cultural issues. Of greatest importance is the ability to deliver high quality, evidence-based care.
The ability to speak Arabic is an advantage, as is an understanding of private practice.
The successful applicants will need to fulfil the professional registration requirements of the relevant regulator; Nursing: Bachelor's Degree in Nursing, NMC or relevant license to practice and 2 years of experience.
Please complete an Application Form under 'Work for Us' on the Maudsley Health website at www.maudsleyhealth.com
Main duties of the job KEY OUTCOMES
The post-holder is expected to achieve the following outcomes: Service Management
Risk and Governance
- Staff within the CAG are appropriately led and supported to deliver to their full potential, and deliver the outcomes for which they are responsible.
- Patient care is delivered to the highest standards, and there is continual oversight and monitoring of process and outcomes.
Professional and Clinical Leadership
- The post-holder manages clinical governance systems within the CAG to ensure that clinical practice meets all regulatory and risk management requirements, and that clinical care is delivered consistently and to a high standard.
- The CAG operates with a pro-safety culture that positively encourages staff and service users to detect and report safety risks, hazards, incidents and near misses.
- Nursing performance is consistent with expected standards of practice and inconsistency is identified and remedied.
- All nurses within the Hospital are competent as measured against expected continuing professional development standards and requirements for appraisal and supervision.
- Nursing practice standards are based on contemporary evidence-based policies, guidance and protocols which take account of all relevant statutory and professional guidance, and systems give assurance that all Al Amal nurses work to these policies.
South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust is working with MACANI, a highly respected Abu Dhabi based organisation with a mission to together develop and extend high quality mental health care across the Middle East. The service has been providing outpatient care in Abu Dhabi since 2015 and supporting the development of a Government mental health hospital in Dubai since 2018. The Hospital is similar to the Clinical Academic Group (CAG) Structure in the Maudsley UK, delivering care through the following CAGs; Child and Adolescent Mental Health, Addictions, Mental Health of Older Age, Forensic, Intellectual Disability, Adult.
It should be noted that the Service Manager role is one provided by Maudsley Health/MACANI for Emirates Health Services at Al Amal Psychiatric Hospital in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
In this role you will be able to work Monday to Friday in the time frames from 07.00am-15:30 giving you the very best of good work life balance.
Job description Job responsibilities Kindly refer to the attached job description for the detailed description and person specification for the role.
This job description is an outline of the key tasks and responsibilities of the post and the post holder may be required to undertake additional duties. The post may change over time to reflect the developing needs of the hospital and its services, as well as the personal development of the post holder.
It should be noted that the Service Manager role is one provided by Maudsley Health/MACANI for Emirates Health Services at Al Amal Psychiatric Hospital. The contract requires experts in their specialist fields to be provided and it is important that post holders are able to carry out their roles with credibility, professionalism and to deliver on objectives.
As mentioned previously, the reputation of Maudsley Health, MACANI and South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust should be upheld and it should be enhanced as a result of the contribution of the post holder. FACTS AND FIGURES
: Staff directly managed: Unit Managers, occupational therapy. It is expected that in due course, there will be additional professions to manage including social work and administration. ORGANISATIONAL POSITION
Member of Maudsley Health Management Team. Member of CAG Leadership Team. COMMUNICATIONS AND WORKING RELATIONSHIPS COMMUNICATION WITH FREQUENCY
Director of Nursing
2/3 times weekly
Other CAG Service Managers (Nurse Managers)
Heads of Professions
Service User Representatives
Person Specification Education Essential
- Registered Nurse (Mental Health/LD) at Degree level
- Evidence of Continuing Professional Development
- Excellent analytical and evaluative ability, able to make judgements involving highly complex facts or situations, or incidents, which require the analysis, interpretation and comparison of a range of problems, data and conflicting options.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.