This is a static band 6 specialist Occupational Therapist role to be based at Prince Charles Hospital.
You will be an integral part of the acute Occupational Therapy team and will work closely with colleagues in the UHB and in the local authorities.
The Occupational Therapist within the acute medical team will work closely with the Physiotherapist, Social Workers and the wider MDT in order to provide a comprehensive assessment, appropriate intervention and timely discharge planning.
The post holder will need to be a team player who enjoys working in a fast paced environment. You will need excellent clinical reasoning, time management, observation and communication skills and be able to demonstrate a genuine interest in achieving well being and positive health outcomes for the population we serve.
The post offers opportunities to enthusiastic and motivated staff to develop and share their skills. The service supports involvement in audit clinical supervision, in-service training, and continuing professional development with emphasis placed on regular supervision and support from experienced colleagues and from our Band 6 Support Group.
Main duties of the job
It is an exciting time for therapies within Cwm Taf Morgannwg. We are seeking a dynamic, motivated and innovative Occupational Therapist to join our acute medical team at Prince Charles Hospital
The ability to speak Welsh is desirable for this post; Welsh and/or English speakers are equally welcome to apply.
Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health Board is part of the NHS Wales family. Our Health Board provides primary, secondary and community health and wellbeing services to around 450,000 people living in three County Boroughs: Bridgend Merthyr Tydfil, and Rhondda Cynon Taf.
We live by our core values:
We listen, learn and improve
We treat everyone with respect
We all work together as one team
We are a proud local employer; around 80% of our 15000 workforce live within our region, making our staff not only our lifeblood of our organisation but of the diverse communities that we serve.
Job description Job responsibilities
You will be able to find a full Job description and Person Specification attached within the supporting documents or please click Apply now to view in Trac
Person Specification Education/Qualifications Essential
- Degree/Diploma in Occupational Therapy
- Registered member of HCPC
- Experience of fieldwork education
- Knowledge of a broad range of medical, surgical and orthopaedic conditions
- Knowledge and understanding of factors which can influence discharge planning
- Post graduate training in relevent area
- Knowledge of standardised and non-standardised assessments that can be used with servcie users
- Experience of supervision
- Experience of effective one-to-one interactions
- Experience of service delivery in a variety of different clinical physical health settings
- Experience of advising/teaching other professions
- Experience of cross organisational working
- Ability to work well under pressure within wider multi-disciplinary team settings
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Autonomous practitioner with excellent personal organisational skills
- Well developed written and verbal communication skills
- demonstrable clinical reasoning skills, and able to make effective clinical decisions following assessment of complex cases
- Evidence of effective teaching skills
- Evidence of presenting to wide variety of audiences
- Leadership skills
Personal Qualities Essential
- Embrace innovative practice
- Appraise own performance
- Use of clinical supervision
- Autonomous practitioner
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.