Are you committed to leading and delivering quality driven mental health services?
Do you value working positively, respectfully and collaboratively?
If so, we'd love you to join us!
I am looking to recruit an enthusiastic and clinically experienced individual to join us as Band 7 Team Lead. Team Leads work closely with our Band 7 Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS) across our Urgent Care Hub, interacting with the rest of our multi-disciplinary team.
You will be working at the interface between physical and psychological health and bring your knowledge and expertise to your general hospital colleagues and team.
We support patients with a wide range of problems, including self-harm, adjustment to illness and physical and psychological co-morbidities. As there is no entrance requirement for A&E and people's perceptions of what constitutes a mental health emergency or crisis can vary, our team are referred people with all sorts of problems, including those people presenting to mental health services for the very first time.
Main duties of the job
You will be an excellent communicator and will be demonstrate a co-ordination and leadership function across both Mental Health Liaison team and the Liaison Suite at Worthing General Hospital services with a particular focus on:
- Management of referrals including delivery of care
- Performance monitoring and management of the service and teams
- To ensure that the teams function in line with the care group core business.
- Building trusting relationships with local partners and be instrumental in the further development of the urgent care pathway.
This role is all about collaborating with your peers to drive positive change and creating a working environment where others can thrive.
This is an exciting role, that welcomes registered mental health nurses, occupational therapists or social workers with relevant professional registration who possess strong mental health assessment and therapeutic skills.
To protect the health and safety of our staff/workers, patients, and those attending our sites, we encourage our workforce to get fully vaccinated against COVID
We provide mental health and learning disability care for children, young people and adults across Sussex and for children and young people in Hampshire.
Working in Sussex:
- Travel easily between coast and countryside, with a blend of picturesque villages and seaside towns
- Embrace the city life with great access to visit Brighton and London
- With easy access to Gatwick and Heathrow and excellent railway links across the UK there is plenty of opportunity for adventure
We'd love you to join our organisation that is rated 'good' overall and 'outstanding' for caring by the CQC. Our staff agree, in our recent staff survey 82% told us that they recognise that care for patients is our top priority.
Key staff survey results include:
We encourage flexible working
- 70% highlighting flexible working opportunities as a key point for satisfaction at work
- 79% reporting feeling able to make suggestions to improve the work within their team
- 77% identifying the opportunities to show initiative in their roles
. We know that a positive work/ life balance brings about huge health-related benefits, which has a positive impact on the care we provide. Please speak to us about flexible working, for example, home-working, part time hours, flexible start/ finish times or anything else. If it works for you and works for the role, we'll do our best to make it happen.
Job description Job responsibilities
This is an exciting opportunity to make a real difference and develop new ways of working. You will need a good understanding of the key policies and issues influencing Urgent Care Services, alongside an ability to lead change to improve patient and staff experience of our urgent care services.
Previous experience of managing a team of clinicians, working in acute services is desirable, although not essential.
You will be fully supported to make a difference. We would love team leaders who wish to develop their leadership and management skills and we will facilitate this with regular supervision, training and development opportunities and support from a professional, friendly leadership team who are committed to providing high quality care.
If you are looking for a role where you can use your leadership experience you have gathered to make a real and tangible difference to a new and developing service, then this is the job for you!
As our Coastal Urgent Care Pathway moves towards CORE 24 standards, the post holder would need to supports the work of and across Urgent Care Teams (CRHTT, The Haven, Mental Health Liaison team and the MHDU at Worthing General Hospital) and as such the post holder may be expected to work across these teams as required
See attached Job Description and Person Specification for full details.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Educated to minimum diploma level with a relevant qualification or equivalent experience.
- Evidence of CPD
- Significant experience of and demonstrable achievement in clinical practice
- Experience of providing professional support/supervision and motivation of staff
- Understanding of Health and Social Care Governance
- Experience of managing staff
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.