Homerton Psychological Medicine (HPM) provides mental health support, assessment and treatment for patients presenting to the Homerton University Hospital (HUH). This team sits within the City and Hackney Crisis Pathway and works closely with Home Treatment team.
The post holder will be responsible for providing psychological interventions directly and within multi-disciplinary teams to address the needs of patients with physical and mental health conditions, including substance misuse, dementia/delirium and medically unexplained symptoms.
Teaching and consultation to hospital based multi-disciplinary teams and as well as mental health professionals within the Homerton Psychological Medicine service will be an important part of the role as will be the supervision of doctoral trainees, psychology assistants and associates.
The Crisis Pathway is currently undergoing a transformation and is looking to recruit a Clinical Psychologist who will be able to support changes that will enhance service user experience.
Main duties of the job
1. To provide a comprehensive highly specialist psychological assessment and therapeutic service for patients over the age of 16 with a variety of physical and mental health conditions, dementia, substance misuse, and medically unexplained symptoms who are referred into the Homerton Psychological Medicine (HPM) service .2. To provide group psycho-education programmes in association with specialties within the acute hospital for example, cardiology, neurology and diabetes.3. To provide consultation and joint interventions, as appropriate with members of primary, community and acute care teams.4. To provide specialist psychological assessments of patients referred to the team based upon the appropriate use, interpretation and integration of highly complex data from a variety of sources including psychological tests, selfreport measures, rating scales, direct and indirect structured observations and semi-structured interviews with patients, family members where appropriate and others involved in the patient's care.
Our mission is to make a positive difference to people's lives by improving the quality of life for all we serve. Our values are: We Care, We Respect, We are Inclusive - so we are looking for people who live and breathe these qualities when supporting service users and carers, and in their relationships with colleagues in the Trust and our partner organisations.
Job description Job responsibilities
Please kindly refer to the job description and person specification attached to this vacancy for further details.
Person Specification Education/ Qualification/ Training Essential
- oPost-graduate doctoral level training in clinical psychology, as accredited by the BPS, including specifically models of psychopathology, clinical psychometrics, two or more distinct psychological therapies and lifespan developmental psychology.
- oOne year of experience working within a physical health environment
- oExperience of working with a wide variety of client groups, across the whole life course and presenting problems that reflects the full range of clinical severity including maintaining a high degree of professionalism in the face of highly emotive and distressing problems, verbal abuse and the threat of physical abuse
- oExperience of exercising full clinical responsibility for clients' psychological care and treatment.
Knowledge and Skills Essential
- oSkills in the use of complex methods of psychological assessment intervention and management frequently requiring sustained and intense concentration
- oWell developed skills in the ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, highly technical, and clinically sensitive information to clients, their families, carers and other professional colleagues both within and outside the NHS.
- oSkills in providing consultation to other professional and nonprofessional groups.
- oPost-graduate level knowledge of research design and methodology, including complex multivariate data analysis as practiced within the field of clinical psychology.
- oKnowledge of legislation in relation to the client group and mental health.
- oEvidence of continuing professional development as recommended by the BPS & HPC.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.