Team Manager (Veterans Mental Health) - Band 7 Full time, permanent role
Are you a proven and experienced service manager with a passion for delivering high quality services and supporting staff wellbeing? Are you also passionate about ensuring that our ex-British Armed Forces (Veterans) - Navy, Army and RAF servicewomen and men have excellent mental health care?
Are you driven and professionally skilled in engaging, assessing and helping to navigate patients through their transition from military to civilian life or those that require support following leaving the forces?
This is an exciting opportunity to join the bigger-picture development of Op Courage - NHS mental health care of our veterans, through its different elements of the High Intensity Service HIS, Complex Treatment Services CTS and the Transition, Intervention and Liaison Service TILS.
Main duties of the job For more information on this role please see attached supporting information. This will give you a better overview of the job role and requirements.
The post holder will support the Regional Lead in providing effective frontline management of the Veteran's mental health service. In agreement with the Regional Lead, the post holder will provide leadership and, in working in partnership with users will ensure access to the full range of specialist assessments and interventions.
See job description for further details or give us a call to gain further information or to arrange a visit.
About us About us
You will be joining a team of highly committed people from Op Courage, Veterans Mental Health services which includes TILS alongside the Midlands HIS and CTS who are all dedicated to the cause and working to provide the kind of service that you would want for your own loved ones with all the right spirit of fund, camaraderie, and trust in each other.
Together we can go further to ensuring that the NHS fulfils its commitment and picks up and responds to the particular needs of veterans and their families in ensuring no disadvantage from their military service. You will be working within the team covering a designated geographical base (Stoke on Trent, Shropshire, Telford & Wrekin, Coventry and Warwickshire, Worcestershire, Dudley, Herefordshire, Sandwell, Solihull, Birmingham, Staffordshire, Walsall, Leicestershire and Wolverhampton).
Job description Job responsibilities For more information on this role please see the attached support information. This will give you a better overview of the job role and requirements.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Relevant Professional Qualification ie. RMN, DipCOT
- Current unrestricted registration with HCPC/NMC as appropriate
- Expertise within a discipline underpinned by theory
- Professional clinical knowledge acquired through degree/ diploma
- Evidence of post-qualification professional development ENB998 or equivalent
- Experience of managing qualified staff
Knowledge and skills Essential
- Excellent written communication skills
- Experience in a Community Mental health care setting
- Experience of undertaking formulation, risk assessment and positive risk management
- Experience of staff supervision
- Evidence of continuing professional development
- Must have full driving licence and access to a motor vehicle for business use
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.