An opportunity has arisen for an experienced and skilled Band 6 Specialist CAMHS Nurse to work within our community service in the Cwm Taf Locality.
The CAMHS Service has a number of bases across the Locality although the majority of the clinical work will be undertaken at the newly refurbished Carnegie Clinic in the Rhondda, Child and Family Centre Tonteg, Keir Hardie Health Park in Merthyr and Bridgend clinics. The post holder's clinical work will be as part of a multi-disciplinary community team working across the locality.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced CAMHS Nurse to develop their therapeutic skills.You will manage a caseload of young people with mental health difficulties and you will provide therapeutic packages of intervention to support them and their families.
This post will form part of a multidisciplinary team which consists of Consultant Psychiatrist, Psychology, Family Therapy, Special Nurse Therapists and dedicated Administration support.
Main duties of the job
The post holder will be responsible for the mental health assessments/ interventions of children and young people referred to our service; the ability to make balanced decisions and use positive approaches, whilst managing potentially high pressure situations is an essential part of this role. The post involves interagency liaison with all local authority, and third sector services. Child and Family Social Services, education and other agencies, as needed.
This post will be based in Carnegie Clinic,Trealaw.
The ability to speak Welsh is desirable for this post; English and/or Welsh speakers are equally welcome to apply.
Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health Board is part of the NHS Wales family. Our Health Board provides primary, secondary and community health and wellbeing services to around 450,000 people living in three County Boroughs: Bridgend Merthyr Tydfil, and Rhondda Cynon Taf.
We live by our core values:
- We listen, learn and improve
- We treat everyone with respect
- We all work together as one team
We are a proud local employer; around 80% of our 15000 workforce live within our region, making our staff not only our lifeblood of our organisation but of the diverse communities that we serve.
Job description Job responsibilities
You will be able to find a full Job description and Person Specification attached within the supporting documents or please click Apply now to view in Trac
Person Specification Education/Qualifications/Training Essential
- RN (Mental Health) current NMC registration. Relevant post registration qualifications e.g. family therapy, cognitive behaviour therapy, eating disorders, self harm, dialectical behaviour therapy, borderline personality disorder, experience in teaching.
- Relevant degree. Evidence of CPD relevant to CAMHS.
- Appropriate post registration experience. Experience of working within CAMHS or a therapeutic post e.g. eating disorders, challenging behaviour. Experience of mental health assessment and implementation of a range of evidence based therapeutic interventions. Experience of working in partnership with other agencies. Ability to manage a caseload. Working knowledge of health, social services, education and the voluntary sector,together with the relevant legislation regarding children's mental health management skills.
- Experience of group teaching. Experience of audit.
- Excellent assessment skills. Ability to manage anxiety effectively and work with young people with challenging behaviour. Flexible and adaptable to working conditions. IT skills. Ability to work on own volition.
- Working knowledge of microsoft packages including word, publisher, excel etc... Welsh speaker.
Circumstances e.g Mobility/Availability special attendance requirements. Essential
- To have the ability to carry out the full range of duties of the post.
- Extensive knowledge in normal and abnormal child development, extensive knowledge in child and adolescent mental health issues.
Personal Attributes Essential
- Good communication and time management skills. Proactive and adaptable.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.