Permanent and 12 months fixed term opportunity available
Working as part of a nursing team based within the Sheffield Health and Social Care NHS Foundation Trust (SHSC) the post holder will provide specialist assessment and substance misuse interventions to service users of START, including those service users with complex physical and/or mental health problems (dual diagnosis), and their families and carers under the supervision of the band 6 Clinical Nurse Specialists.
Main duties of the job
- Carry out individual or joint comprehensive assessments.
- Provide a range of clinically effective interventions which will include:
- Relapse prevention strategies.
- Motivational interviewing, manual use of guided self-help techniques.
- Formulation and delivery of community detoxification packages.
- Support initiation and monitoring of medication regimes.
- Collect blood and urine specimens and interpret/act on the results of testing.
- Provide advice to, and liaise with other professional and services.
- On-going review and management of all substance use including alcohol..
We are passionate about providing the very best care to the people we support, and we're looking for amazing people who share this passion to join us.
What is it that makes our Trust such a special place to work? Well, it's all about the people. Our staff, service users, carers and families all come from such diverse backgrounds and all have expertise and stories to share.
It's important that you feel supported in your role, that the people who you work with are as passionate as you are and that your health and wellbeing is taken care of
If you're interested in developing your career, you'll have access to a range of training and education opportunities, including apprenticeships, work experience and placements, as well as the chance to get involved in research.
We are all very proud of the difference we make to people's lives each and every day and if that's something that you'd like to be part of we'd love to have you with us.
Job description Job responsibilities
Assess, plan, deliver and evaluate specialist interventions and treatments in line with service plans and prioritise on an individual, joint or group basis.
Plan, organise and co-ordinate multi-agency activities and care with other professionals and agencies.
Work in partnership with service users and agencies to ensure that there is effective communication about treatment plans across SHSC, START and Primary Care Services.
The job requires clinical knowledge and experience and willingness to work within a multi-disciplinary integrated team with service users experiencing drug/alcohol problems.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Registered Health/Social Care professional holding current registration with the appropriate governing body
- Holds an appropriate post registration basic experience qualification or equivalent experience
- Be working towards or willing to undertake degree level qualifications
- Evidence of recent relevant mental health training
- Holds Post Basic qualification at diploma level
- Relevant qualification in teaching or mentoring e.g. English National Board Teaching Certificate (ENB 9.9.8) or equivalent
- Relevant student/professional mentorship qualifications e.g. mentor preparation for health professional (Sheffield Hallam University NMC accredited at 10 points level 5) or equivalent
- Evidence of substantial experience in working with service users with mental health and substance misuse problems
- Experience of supervising/mentoring staff/students.
- Experience of undertaking individual therapeutic work
- Evidence of training others in a clinical setting in adult mental health/general/primary care.
Knowledge and Skills Essential
- Advanced and developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Experienced in caseload management
- The ability to assess, analyse and interpret complex situations and react accordingly
- Specialist clinical skills and knowledge acquired through experience and study
- Team Worker
- Ability to work independently and without direct supervision and to be responsible for professional actions with reference to agreed policies and procedures
- Motivational interviewing skills.
- Relapse Prevention Skills
- Cognitive Behavioural intervention skills
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.