You will be a Registered Mental Health or LD nurse with a minimum of 12 months post qualifying experience of working with adults with mental health issues.
You will work within a primary care network based within the GP practices within agreed area.
Community transformation is currently underway and this is an exciting time to be part of this service change. Working in partnership with a range of other agencies to meet the needs locally of patients and families referred to your team.
Main duties of the job
We have an exciting opportunity for experienced Mental Health Nurse(s) to join the GP Aligned Mental Health Service within Adult Mental Health in County Durham. We are looking for 3 experienced Mental Health Nurse(s) to join the team working within the primary care network within the Durham Dales & Easington primary care networks.
You will ideally be a non medical prescriber, however, this is not essential but desirable but a willingness to undertake NMP training is essential.
You will work within GP practices providing assessment and short term intervention to patients referred by their GPs.
Supervision, training and personal development are a key aspect of the post.
Working in partnership
Job description Job responsibilities
To improve the lives of people with mental ill health by minimising the impact of their condition through the delivery of an excellent, compassionate services to promote the recovery and well-being of patients and their carers / families.1.2. To work collaboratively with General Practitioners and other practice staff within the locality to address the mental health needs of their adult practice population.1.3. To be compassionate in meeting the needs of patients and their carers.
Additional contact details
Jane King, Service Manager
Rachel Kirton, Advanced practitioner Durham Dales
Craig Atkinson, Advanced practitioner Easington
Person Specification Qualification Essential
- Current professional registration NMC.
- NMP Level 1 (or willing to obtain within 12 months)
- Certificate in teaching & assessing in clinical practice as appropriate to own profession.
- Clinical Supervisor.
- Key skills in literacy, numeracy and ITQ level 2 (or equivalent)
- Recognised sign-off mentor (or equivalent) for students or must be achieved within agreed timescale.
- Leadership or management qualification
- Post-graduate qualification in a relevant area
- Communicate complex and sensitive information effectively to patients, carers/families and all members of the multidisciplinary team.
- Work effectively across complex organisations, pathways and services
- Provide effective clinical supervision, teaching, training and assessing in clinical practice.
- Significant experience working with people with mental ill health in a community setting.
- Working collaboratively with service users and their families/carers.
- Mentoring students on practice placement experience.
- Quality improvement activities
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.